Cobalts SS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend's got a turbo from a 1.8 Audi (which I am assuming is an A4?) to stick onto my 2.2 LT. I'm just wondering your advise on the matter as much as how good an Audi turbo would be, how well it would work putting it onto my Cobalt, what additional parts I might want to pick up to make it work right (essentials and just helpful), and anything else I should be aware of when turboing.

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
I had a 2002 Turbo S Beetle that had the 1.8t turbo... It is small, but made decent power, turbo is very reliable... How you would get this to work on a Cobalt I don't know..... If it were me, I would purchase a kit made specific for your car...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If there is a will there is a way! I don't much have the money right now for turboing and all with college and all so I figure this is a good alternative to spending $1000 on a kit. The guy sounds pretty confident that he can get it to work without much trouble at all. Plus I've heard turbos are universal (assuming it's not too much boost for your car). I was just hoping someone had done something similar and had some advice.

·
Banned
59 Posts
your key words say dont do it. Dont have much money to spend! then dont do it. BEcause if you dont have money to do things right youll mess the car up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well for one its not a GM Aftermarket or GM Genuine part. For one it wont fit and two its not worth the time

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
Well for one its not a GM Aftermarket or GM Genuine part. For one it wont fit and two its not worth the time
sez who? I put twin snails on my GTO, and it wasn't a GM aftermarket or GM Geniune part. Though it did fit... Now as far as being worth the time, that is in the eye of the builder...

I think the turbo is to small for the investment needed to make this work. However if he can get it to work, it will make more power then it does now.

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
What will I need to pick up to make it work?
quite a bit, which is why a kit that has everything is prefered.

You will need a turbo manifold, wastegate, downpipe, charge pipe, intercooler, injectors and fuel pump, blow off valve and possibly a boost controller..

Though I had this turbo on a VW I don't know how it was cooled, either water or oil or both.... so you may need to run a oil line to it...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Perfect. Now this is what I'm looking for. We're looking at probably doing it this summer if it's going to happen. I will definitely post on it if and when it happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts