Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heading home from my g/f parents we run into a corvette and we slowly pass him to turn to to get on the interstate. We hit the ramp and my g/f leaves it in 3rd and gives it more gas and then she looks back because she notices head lights bouncing up and down. Well the corvette gets on it and so Mirabel just punches it and racks out 3rd and the vette is starting to gain and i'm in the car watching the drive side mirror waiting for him to just fly right by. I tell her "you're about to get owned." The corvette slowly pulls up from being behind 3 car lengths to being at her back bumper and we are at 90 then i tell my g/f "here it comes the ownage." Then all of a sudden we are doing 120 and he's not budging we hit 130 he is still not pulling or gaining, we then hit 140 and he still can't pull. Then he hits the breaks and slows down. My g/f then starts off like YEAH i beat a corvette. I look at her and said no you beat the driver. Well the guy pulls up next to us and looks at us with a huge WTF look on his face like he can't believe he got owned by a 4banger. Well i tell her don't race no more and be done with it. Well now she thinks she can own any vette. I thought you all might get a good kick out of it.

blach c5 vette
vs.
red 06 ion redline

·
Registered
143 Posts
very nice:)

·
Registered
772 Posts
What???? Ions outrunning vettes from a roll. Gotta love the Ion they can kill everything. Check out some of the kills in their kill section on their forums. They've killed the dinosuars, godvilla and out run the spaceshuttle from a roll.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
27 Posts
What???? Ions outrunning vettes from a roll. Gotta love the Ion they can kill everything. Check out some of the kills in their kill section on their forums. They've killed the dinosuars, godvilla and out run the spaceshuttle from a roll.:rolleyes:
thats funny stuff..lol...oh man...lol!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Sooo! My Cobalt can pop a wheelie....... In Reverse!

·
Registered
482 Posts
What year was the Vette???

·
Registered
482 Posts
Nevermind the last post. C5. Sorry. The Vette driver must be horrible.

·
Registered
62 Posts
or running on 6 cylinders, or he was just trying to get a long look at your gf

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
C5 with an auto I can see this happening. GM's autos always seem to slow down the cars. But if your girlfriend is really hot then I woudl have done the same and just stared at her the whole time and wonder why she was in the tupperware on the highway instead of putting the tupperware away in the kitchen.

j/k

·
Registered
231 Posts
C5 with an auto I can see this happening. GM's autos always seem to slow down the cars. But if your girlfriend is really hot then I woudl have done the same and just stared at her the whole time and wonder why she was in the tupperware on the highway instead of putting the tupperware away in the kitchen.

j/k

I can understand the rabid mustang hatred... I guess, even though I think it's childish. But now against your own??? Unless you're talking special altitudes or a very "special" (short bus) driver... now you're just getting delusional. The 4 speed auto does slow the C5 down, but not that badly... look for a mid-high 13 still - and it removes that pesky missed shift problem that a "special" driver might have

·
Registered
482 Posts
I can understand the rabid mustang hatred... I guess, even though I think it's childish. But now against your own??? Unless you're talking special altitudes or a very "special" (short bus) driver... now you're just getting delusional. The 4 speed auto does slow the C5 down, but not that badly... look for a mid-high 13 still - and it removes that pesky missed shift problem that a "special" driver might have
Agreed w/ 100%

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
up here, the c5 autos are probably the most consistant cars at the track. i usually see a 14.00-14.05 dial in all day long.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
face it, he was checking out her dishware! he wanted to go home and put a little (literaly, guys with vettes have small tools) something in them!

lol j/k.. but seriously he had a reason for sucking in that vette- but what that was we will never know!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Reverse? I thought R was for race-mode. Thats what I put it in when im trying to race anything from a Geo to a Lotus.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts