Cobalts SS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my SRT-4 out last Friday night running on my street (pump gas) tune, although I did have about 1/2 tank of Trick 101 from the Mobile station, just for safety.

I think the difference in the load between the slicks and the street tires was screwing up my Electronic Boost Controller because the boost would spike to ~25psi, drop to ~20psi and then slowly fluctuate between 21 and 23 psi. On the street it hits 23psi and stays there.

I was also trying out my new twin disc lightweight clutch. I didn't bring my lap top so I wasn't able to change the launch limiter which was set at 4200rpm from before the clutch change. After several bogged launches resulting in a best 60' of 1.996, I switched to using the burnout rev limiter set at 5500rpm for the launch:

Video Link

The 60' on that run was 1.804, spinning through 1st gear. I dropped the 1st gear boost a little and followed that run with a 1.76 60' and a 12.0 (ran through 1st gear so quick that I hit the rev limiter before shifting to 2nd), still spinning through 1st gear. I'm hoping that if I can get the launch RPM and boost just right that I'll be able to get consistant low 1.7 60's.

I'm going back to the track this weekend, with the lap top to get the launch rpm down perfect and will be turning off the AVC-R at the track and using my manual boost controller to see if I can get it to just hold 23psi all the way across the RPM range.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, all.

Yea, that's the stock SRT-4 front end, just the cross-hairs cut out and a black wire mesh installed.

And yea, those are my kids. :D My wife & kids were sitting right about the 1/8th mile mark. I hit 93mph at the 1/8th and you can hear me shifting into 4th about then.

This is my pump gas tune, which got me 397whp @ 19psi, so most likely a bit over 400 (410-415?)whp that night.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
EndZz said:
Hey what kind of gas milege do u get on thats thing just curious what a 400 whp car gets that thing is sweet!!
Thanks. :D

Driving to work everyday, I get around 24mpg. Out on the freeway on a long cruise, I can get upwards of 28mpg. That's taking it easy and staying out of boost for the most part (Driving in dense traffic doesn't yeild many opportunities or reasons to "open it up").

I recently drove out to the dragstrip, ran about a dozen passes, and then drove back home and averaged 17mpg.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts