Well I went in to get a build date for my SS had he said I would get it by the end of July, but he said after the trade in on my car and the sunroof and side airbags on the ss I was looking at $29,xxx for the cobalt!!!!I think he did his math wrong cuz that's way too much to pay for the cobalt.I get like 10,000 for my car in trade in so there is no way that's right. Before all that stuff he add in the car was $23,xxx, and if that is what I'm going to have to pay then I'll just wait until the new skylines hit America(If their not to over priced).
Ask him if he's adding in "market value". Apparently, alot of "market value". My dealer tried to add $5000 ontop of the $22k msrp (no XM, OnStar, or side airbags) and offered $2000 less for my trade-in than it's book value. I didn't pay the extra $5k (although I did eventually settle for msrp, should have just left and come back later) and didn't trade in my old car.
They just know you want the car pretty bad. Tell them they're crazy, list a bunch of other cars you could buy for that kind of money, and tell them you'll just go to a different dealer or wait for the '06 model. Also, they should have given you a price before you ordered and placed the deposit. I'd at least email Chevy about the dealer and let them know your not very happy. I've used that form to email Chevy about my dealer and got a reply the next day.