Cobalts SS banner

Wanna Turbo my 2.4L

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  BlackDragonSS 
#1 ·
I was wanting to mod my 2.4 and put a Hahn Stage II turbo kit on it. But as far as Internals go Idk what would match up for that particular turbo kit. And I wanna keep the Automatic Transmission. What Transmission mods whould you guys reccomend that would suit the turbo. And If there is any mondifications that need to be dont to the suspension or if I need to upgrade Axle Shafts. Any advice is greatly appreciated.:cool:

#5 ·
Well I was told that if u Turbo a 2.4 you have to have the internals that match the turbo. And what aboutthe Automatic Transmission?

#7 ·
Would it be better just to trade mine in on a 2.0 or would it be worth it to turbo the 2.4? Cuz I was looking at a Dodge Caliber SRT4 its a 2.4L Turbo

#9 ·
Thats a good point. But My car is pretty beat up...Lots of Hail Damage and I've been rear ended slightly and there a big dent and a scrape on my bumper. I love the SS/TC but I really wanna see what a 2.4 can do.

#12 ·
Just found out this week that its well worth it. you can get more HP out of a 2.4 than if you went with the stock Stage 2 that GM put on the New 2.0's AND you can bore em out to a 2.8 I believe.....But with putting the Turbo on the 2.4 means you have to beef that Transmission if you have the Automatic or if you can find the Manual that comes in the 2.0's and wanna take the time in putting in all the stuff for a 5 speed then you wouldnt have to spend all that cash to get the transmission to handle the power. But I'd prefer keeping the Automatic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.