Cobalts SS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so if anyone is planning on upgrading their turbos on their lnf cobalts dont set ur expectations higher than 400 cuz it aint happening idc if u throw a 68mm turbo on ur car wont happen the fueling system can handle up to 500 hp no problem BUT! there is a cam inside the fuel pump that would be put to the max at 400whp just to give some ppl some insight if theire planning on upagrading

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
not to sound like a pecker head, but thats not true. Almost but not 100%

Yes our cars fuel pump is ran by the cams system, you can reach over 450-500 on gas with our pump. Where the fuel lobe comes into play is when useing E85. E85 is cheaper, but also less MPG's due to it needing more fuel to run the car.

Pretty much, if you use pump gas you will be find to 400-500 hp, i know a few people with the 256 turbo on pump gas making over 490hp on stock cams,

How ever, if you plan on using e85 and pushing over 450 and plan on running more power later down the road, it would be smart to get a set of cams with a larger fuel lobe.

Kromko, as long as your on pump gas you will be fine running the Super20g.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not talking about the 2 cams in the engine apparently there is a cam inside of the fuel pump that really is pushing it to its limits around 400WHP but if we swap out that cam INSIDE the fuel pump will be good bill hahn also backed me up on this along with the tunner at PSIproformance

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
No, its part of your intake cam. They make the lobe on the cam bigger to make it push more fuel. How ever like I said as long as your using pump gas you will be fine.

E85 uses about 30% more fuel then pump gas

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, its part of your intake cam. They make the lobe on the cam bigger to make it push more fuel. How ever like I said as long as your using pump gas you will be fine.

E85 uses about 30% more fuel then pump gas
idk will find out today some of the performance companies are telling me its pushing the limit but ill find out when i get tuned today and post the numbers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts