Cobalts SS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got a 2006 SS/SC. Im thinking about goin stage 2, which will get me about 240ish HP, but I want some really good torque numbers like 230-240. Any ideas??

·
1,087 Posts
You can do Vibrant headers that sell a header+downpipe kit that eliminates the Catalytic converter but still retains the O2 bung for a good price. Shouldn't be more than $800 shipped. And the pullies could be any brand as long as you don't go smaller than I heard 2.90" or you will have to upgrade injectors. I have an AEM intake on order (FINALLY) and they are a REALLY good brand. Im paying around $180 for it shipped but of course I have a wholesale so retail should not be more than $250. So then after that, find a tuner nearby and get it dialed to maximum performance with the existing mods. :)

Currently with the Cat-back from Magnaflow and the air-box mod, I pull strong numbers of 226hp and 196ft/lbs torque. With the header system and intake, my torque should jump a bit and HP should be more like 230 or 235.

·
Registered
480 Posts
^^

Considering McLovin came with 205hp stock, Id say that is pretty good numbers for the light mods I have done. ;)
mclovin started life with a bit more than 205 gm underatted the s/cs by a lil bit from what im told.? but even in saying that true. i just always asumed u did alot to it lolol. and yeah not bad for whats done to it :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts