Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i went to take my car in for warranty work. i read off about 6 different complaints from catalytic converter to clutch not disengaging to my kia key starting the car. turns out gm had put a "warranty freeze" on my vin...didnt give any reason. then my retarded service advisor tries telling me that the clutch problem would be a $100 diagnostic for tear-down to see if it is covered. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE!!!!!! i like the car alot, but i can honestly say this is the last time i will ever buy a general motors product. some of you may or may not remember my previous post where gm had to give me $$$ and double my warranty to keep me in the car bc of all the problems i had previously.

if i have any more problems with warranty coverage i will not rest until every front page of every newspaper exposes gm's bogus behavior. i understand they are trying to cut costs...but that is why the car is crap to begin with!!!!

go toyota!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hmmmm.... not saying it is the right thing for them to do but it sounds to me like they think you beat on your car too much so they froze the warranty.

Good Luck !

Peace :eek:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, i DO NOT beat on my car at all. now these buttfuckers are telling me there is nothing wrong with my car. they say they cannot hear the loud clunking noise from the wheels, and that it is normal for a catalytic converter to let off a heavy rotten egg smell after acceleration. and im not going to pay them $100 to find out why my clutch sometimes doesnt disengage. fuck those whores!!!! i want my car fixed now, damn it!!! im gonna call an attorney!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, no mods. just blacked out headlights and rally stripes.... funny thing though, they did give me a dirty look when they saw the headlights

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, im a little more calm now, so sorry for the poddy mouth. i am very sorry to say this will be my last gm car. i might be stuck with it for a while, but as soon as i no longer have negative equity in it, i will probably set it on fire in front of the dealership. :(

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sounds like your dealership is one of those that give the rest a bad name. :mad: Sorry to hear about your problems man.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
unfortunately its not just them, its gm. gm is the one that put a warranty freeze on my vin. i'm sure the dealership was probably told to do this to me. i think this is payback for the settlement they had to give me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would try contacting GM about this, surely they can't just freeze up a warranty with no reasoning behind it...sorry to hear about your problems, GM is getting pretty desperate lately, and it's starting to show :( ...they shouldn't have based their whole value on trucks/suv's...

good luck with getting everything worked out

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks. im gonna call the service manager again and try to reason with him as soon as i can discuss it without blowing up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, i decided i needed some leverage to deal with gm, so i got the professional opinion of two mechanics, and they gave me the low-down on the causes of most of my problems with the car. now i am going to try to organize a conference call between me, the service manager, and the gm area rep... this better work.

both mechanics told me they have had to do work that should have been covered by gm warranty, but customers got sick of getting the shaft and just paid to have their cars fixed. one guy told me he was hearing that gm was getting certain problems shafted for so long until they looked like they were caused by customer abuse or neglect...ie suspension, brakes, etc.

·
Registered
36 Posts
fleckenwhat said:
ok, i decided i needed some leverage to deal with gm, so i got the professional opinion of two mechanics, and they gave me the low-down on the causes of most of my problems with the car. now i am going to try to organize a conference call between me, the service manager, and the gm area rep... this better work.

both mechanics told me they have had to do work that should have been covered by gm warranty, but customers got sick of getting the shaft and just paid to have their cars fixed. one guy told me he was hearing that gm was getting certain problems shafted for so long until they looked like they were caused by customer abuse or neglect...ie suspension, brakes, etc.

Just reading all the post about people saying GM isn't covering there warranty is REALLY starting to PISS ME OFF at them.I dunno WTF is wrong with them lately. I have been seeing these type post since i joined.

I personally have not had any problems with my car "Knock on Wood". I think alot of you guys should get an attorney and get it taken care of. Now i could see if it was abuse. But i HIGHLY doubt that all the people having this issue with dealers and GM are beating the hell outta there car.

GM needs to step up and make this right. :mad:

·
Registered
93 Posts
ToMeGuN said:
Just reading all the post about people saying GM isn't covering there warranty is REALLY starting to PISS ME OFF at them.I dunno WTF is wrong with them lately. I have been seeing these type post since i joined.

I personally have not had any problems with my car "Knock on Wood". I think alot of you guys should get an attorney and get it taken care of. Now i could see if it was abuse. But i HIGHLY doubt that all the people having this issue with dealers and GM are beating the hell outta there car.

GM needs to step up and make this right. :mad:

I've been into two different dealerships (one at home, one at school) for CEL's and a condensating headlight - and had great service every time, never had to pay a cent. Honestly, I think this may just be a problem with the individual dealerships, and I hope thats all it is.

Also... (from my visit today) apparently if the air filter gets ripped, a CEL goes on... fed me some stuff about the engine not liking turbulence. Whatever... they fixed the problem, and there'll be an intake as soon as the warrentys done...

·
Registered
49 Posts
J.D. said:
Sounds like your dealership is one of those that give the rest a bad name. :mad: Sorry to hear about your problems man.
I agree.....don't hate GM for all of this crap. That dealership needs to be beat with a rubber hose. Both chevy dealerships by me have been great! Well, good luck.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if youre going in for piddly stuff like headlights or air filters that may be the case. but when a dealership hears suspension and clutch, and they turn you away, then the 2nd dealership gets a call from gm area rep saying watch for him, thats not usually a dealership issue. i think the 2nd dealership was instructed to shrug me off, bc they used to be cool before this. the service manager told me that gm is cutting costs in all corners and it is affecting accepted warranty work. also, his rep told him that i said something about a "worn clutch" and "a chip to make it faster" ... i was like WTF !!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
well thats just some bull...

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sorry about you luck. I just get bad customer service with the one i bought mine from.
If anything like that goes wrong with my car. I will make them take the car back and ill buy a $200 toyota camry fill it with horse shit and set it on fire in the dealership. I can put up with irregularties with the car such as the passanger door trim, but not the clutch and shit.
No one should pay 20k or more for a NEW car and have it fuck up in under 15k mi, and i dont give a rats ass about its only been out for a year. Warranty freeze. There is a good god damn reason why bought a New car, i could've been rolling in a BMW with 300hp or a badass Audi S4, which would've cost me less than my potentially problematic CSS.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tell me about it. if i dont get my shit fixed gm is gonna burn. i think im gonna wait and see what the supercharged tc's are like when theyre released... ill buy a toyota before i buy another gm. i'm thinking i'm gonna get gap insurance before my car suddenly disappears.

·
Registered
945 Posts
If mine fucks up im buying a ford festiva and a LS2 400hp and 1800 lbs car, putting a 12 point roll cage around myseld and the engine and safety glass in it and preparing for a winter warlike hell because i will drive that damn thing into everything, someone cuts me off im going to smack into them and take off like a rocket.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts