Cobalts SS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have been driving around town with windows down and all and when i sit at the stop light i hear this clicking sound like click...click....click...click until i start going again

Not exactly sure what it is but i think it might be coming from the exhaust and i no for sure that it is outside of the car but not exactly sure where

any help would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahaha thats funny i meant to say clicking noise!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
uh..its coming from the exhaust...it is the expansion of the exhaust when it heats up...yes I have taken it in.. and no Chevy will not fix it..I am gonna upgrade my exhaust when I get the chance...cant stand the ticking noise either.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was wondering what that clicking noise coming from the back of the car i got out after a run with couple cars and im in the parkin lot and i hear a click every 5 sec. by the rEar

·
Registered
441 Posts
SuperSweet06SS said:
uh..its coming from the exhaust...it is the expansion of the exhaust when it heats up...yes I have taken it in.. and no Chevy will not fix it..I am gonna upgrade my exhaust when I get the chance...cant stand the ticking noise either.
Exhaust noise is a normal thing. It happens from the expansion, and you will find it on almost any exhaust system. When you run hard, everything heats up and then cools down at different rates, so the ticking or pinging sounds you hear is the metal moving slightly at the welds and flanges. Nothing to worry about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts