Cobalts SS banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This doesn't happen all of the time, it seems to be random. Anyway, i'll be driving normally and downshift at a stoplight or wahtever and as i start breaking i hear the rubbing noise.. It sounds like theres paper on my tires like when you buy brand new tires and they keep the papers on them... i noticed if i press on the brake the noise stops but if i let off it it keeps making the noise.. like i said it doesnt happen all the time only sometimes.. i'm very confused any thoughts? :confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
ohshitz said:
This doesn't happen all of the time, it seems to be random. Anyway, i'll be driving normally and downshift at a stoplight or wahtever and as i start breaking i hear the rubbing noise.. It sounds like theres paper on my tires like when you buy brand new tires and they keep the papers on them... i noticed if i press on the brake the noise stops but if i let off it it keeps making the noise.. like i said it doesnt happen all the time only sometimes.. i'm very confused any thoughts? :confused:

I'm no mechanic but I would have your rotors looked at. You may have either warped rotors or something along those lines causing your rotors to brush the break pad when you have stress from the tranny slowing them down.

Just a thought again I am no mechanic. I work on computers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts