Cobalts SS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
59 Posts
Welcome to the Cobalt SS Forums! We built this site to provide you with a community driven website that can provide you answers to all your questions regarding the Chevy Cobalt SS. We are going to add features to the site that allow you to post pictures, movies, news articles, and all the content you want to see about the car you are interested in.

If you have any suggestions, please let us know!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I hope it expands like sister site SRTforums.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you :) Nice to see there is already a forum starting up. Hopefully there will be some good info coming out on this car very soon. It looks very promising. Finally a little competition for the SRT-4 and it will be wearing a bowtie :) I currently own an 03 Nissan Spec V and have been wanting to trade it in on an SRT-4. Now it seems like there may be another choice. So far it doesnt look like the SS will make the power of the Dodge but it seems to be a good mix of handing and power as well as a nicer interior with leather and 18" wheels standard. I have heard rumors of the actual HP #'s being underated and the SS making in the 200whp range. I would be very interested in dyno numbers once they hit the streets. Unfortunately it seems that the SS doesnt have an LSD but I think a quaiffe unit is already available. I would wager to say the SS with intake, header, exhaust and a blower pulley should make some pretty nice power. I know the Ecotec is a proven motor and is probably just as strong as Dodge's 2.4. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the drivetrain and tranny/clutch are as good as the Dodge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice lookin' site. I'm going to be very interested in new owners reactions to these cars.

I'm especially lookin' forward to seeing 1/4 mile times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts