Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a honda trx450 sport quad, lol. i got approved for 6500 dollars in financing through honda. so i picked this up on monday. it's an '05 and i got it for 4900 and thn with tax and a helmet it was 5400, not bad at all. takin it camping this weekend, so it should be a good time.

Engine Type: 450cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 94.0mm x 64.8mm
Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
Valve Train: Unicam; four-valve
Carburetion: Keihin 42.0mm with throttle position sensor (TPS)
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Starter: Forward kick

Transmission: Five-speed
Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain

Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with Showa shocks, featuring adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping; 8.4-inch travel
Rear Suspension: Pro-Link with single Showa shock featuring adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping; 9.0-inch travel
Front Brakes: Dual hydraulic 174.0mm discs with twin-piston calipers
Rear Brakes: Single hydraulic 190.0mm disc with single-piston caliper
Front Tires: 22 x 7-10 knobby radial
Rear Tires: 20 x 10-9 knobby radial

Length: 72.6 inches
Width: 46.3 inches
Height: 43.6 inches
Wheelbase: 49.2 inches
Seat Height: 32.6 inches
Ground Clearance: 4.2 inches
Dry Weight: 350.0 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 3.2 gallons

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, alot, maasta. yea, i've been ripping it up and down the street all day since i got it. neighbours must love me. it'll get some trail action this weekend if all goes as planned though.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CoBIZZLE said:
AAahhh I was expecting a crotch rocket, Nice!! Im jealous!
Likin the wheels too buddy.... lucky you...

yea, monday was like christmas for me. i bought the rims and tires on thursday and they came in on monday and i went out and financed a quad that same day. i love having a well paying job!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Congrats again ISO! .........just don't extend yourself too far man. My brother went all out back in the day with a good wage and then lost his job 18 months later and had too much debt..............................Yeah I say that and I just financed $3300 for a 57" Mistu DLP HDTV 1080P native LoL

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
That's a bad ass quad man! Just in for the 4th of July weekend! :)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CobaltSSilver said:
Congrats again ISO! .........just don't extend yourself too far man. My brother went all out back in the day with a good wage and then lost his job 18 months later and had too much debt..............................Yeah I say that and I just financed $3300 for a 57" Mistu DLP HDTV 1080P native LoL
lol, thanks. well, i pretty much can't lose my job since i'm working for the doctor's office that my dad is the COO of. my brother just financed a 4 or 5000 dollar plasma tv so i don't see why i can't finance a 5400 dollar quad. but my brother actually has a real job and earns salary, so.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
iso said:
lol, thanks. well, i pretty much can't lose my job since i'm working for the doctor's office that my dad is the COO of. my brother just financed a 4 or 5000 dollar plasma tv so i don't see why i can't finance a 5400 dollar quad. but my brother actually has a real job and earns salary, so.

Fist off a joke hence the last statement. Second sounds like your family has money so yeah you can spend it like that.

Again nice quad, nice car, nice truck.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Can I have your car when you break your neck and become parapalegic?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CobaltSSilver said:
Fist off a joke hence the last statement. Second sounds like your family has money so yeah you can spend it like that.

Again nice quad, nice car, nice truck.
yea, we have a bit of money, most of it i have to work for. such as the car payment and gas (my dad pays insurance for me), i have the quad payment now, and my student loan payment starting this month. but, i work 44 hours a week during the summer so i make a decent amount of money.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tube said:
Can I have your car when you break your neck and become parapalegic?
seeing as how i'm not stupid enough to break my neck on my quad... no. (A) i know how to ride and (B) i wear my gear.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice rides you have Iso. Congrats and good luck with the quad.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DJinAC said:
Nice rides you have Iso. Congrats and good luck with the quad.
thank you, yea he truck is my dads but i'm the only one who ever drives it. he has a stratus also but he put so many miles driving to and from work that he pretty much only drives his stratus while the truck sits home. now that i have the quad i have an excuse to beat on the hemi :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts