Cobalts SS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to get some red door panel inserts for my car today. The guy in the parts dept told me that GM is only selling yellow inserts (WTF?) and they are $280 each! OUCH! Then he also told me that they have an entire door panel that is red.. now I'm really like WTF lol. I've never seen an entire red door panel on a cobalt. He said the cost for the whole door panel was 245/each. Doesn't make any sense to me at all. Why would an insert cost $280 but an entire panel cost $245. The red door panel actually sounded interesting to me.. I think it would look good with a black insert. Maybe it was just listed wrong and it meant to say red insert instead of panel. Still tho.. $280 for an insert.. holy crap!

·
Registered
145 Posts
eh, wait for the carbon fiber and fiberglass door panel inserts to come out... then when whoever picks those up, buy their stock panels for cheap!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
h8beingbored said:
eh, wait for the carbon fiber and fiberglass door panel inserts to come out... then when whoever picks those up, buy their stock panels for cheap!
I was just told the inserts are not sold separately.. they are a part of the entire door panel. So both of those prices were for 1 entire panel.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
DMcGrew said:
I was looking to get some red door panel inserts for my car today. The guy in the parts dept told me that GM is only selling yellow inserts (WTF?) and they are $280 each! OUCH! Then he also told me that they have an entire door panel that is red.. now I'm really like WTF lol. I've never seen an entire red door panel on a cobalt. He said the cost for the whole door panel was 245/each. Doesn't make any sense to me at all. Why would an insert cost $280 but an entire panel cost $245. The red door panel actually sounded interesting to me.. I think it would look good with a black insert. Maybe it was just listed wrong and it meant to say red insert instead of panel. Still tho.. $280 for an insert.. holy crap!
Hmm... Maybe by red door panel, he actually means, the door skin? :confused:

Yea that is a lot of money, especially when you can probably do it yourself!

·
Registered
765 Posts
DMcGrew said:
I was just told the inserts are not sold separately.. they are a part of the entire door panel. So both of those prices were for 1 entire panel.

Same here. When the dealer replaced mine they had to replace the whole door panel not just the insert. Thats why Chevrolet is freaking out now the inserts leather is coming loose on almost all of them!!!! :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
CobaltDude81 said:
what exactly is an "insert"? is that like the inside of the door?
if you have leather interior on your cobalt it is the part on the door that has leather...... they aren't really an insert at all.. but that is what everyone call them....lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts