Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lets get right down to it

60'--- 2.0
1/4--- 14.2
mph-- 96.57

Fricken awesome. Once I get my exhaust I think it will be enough to get me into the 13's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CoBIZZLE said:
Sweet! Great job buddy? Will you be the first if ya nail it in the 13's?
I think a couple guys juicin have hit 13's already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mercury said:
Awesome, what was the temperature at the time?
I am not 100%, it was about 86 when I started and I would say it was high 70s still when that run was made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Yeah nice times but how the hell are you getting 2.0 60 foots!? you must be slipping the clutch all of first gear or got a torque brace or somthing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Darksun280 said:
Yeah nice times but how the hell are you getting 2.0 60 foots!? you must be slipping the clutch all of first gear or got a torque brace or somthing.
He's got drag radials on the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Darksun280 said:
Yeah nice times but how the hell are you getting 2.0 60 foots!? you must be slipping the clutch all of first gear or got a torque brace or somthing.
Using BFG G-Force ta drag radials.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Real nice. I was kinda hoping that a 2 second cut would drop the e.t. into the 13's as these cars pull so hard up top, but a steller run none the less. Maybe when the outside temp drops another 40F...those 3/10ths will magically disapear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
clownhair said:
I think a couple guys juicin have hit 13's already.
At least one hit 13.3 with the air box mod, headers, exhaust, and a 75 shot (on stock rubber :D ). You get some headers yourself along with that exhaust, and you should be in 13's all night with those DR's.
selfinfliction said:
nice times man... what do the redlines run stock?
They run about the same times you do, maybe 1-2 tenths faster by some, because they are better drivers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Nice run. I dunno about that "in 13's with exhaust though" I think people put wayyyy too much faith in catbacks these days. It just not like 10 years ago, factory exhausts on performance cars just don't tend to suck that much anymore.

How bad do these things hop? My SVT Contour felt like it was doing the "hydraulic bounce" thing if you launched hard and didn't get it just right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
alkaline3 said:
Nice run. I dunno about that "in 13's with exhaust though" I think people put wayyyy too much faith in catbacks these days. It just not like 10 years ago, factory exhausts on performance cars just don't tend to suck that much anymore.

How bad do these things hop? My SVT Contour felt like it was doing the "hydraulic bounce" thing if you launched hard and didn't get it just right.
I'll let you know in a couple weeks. I know a guy who got 10 whp with his. Thats a decent pump in power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
The stock muffler VERY restricting. I've got my 3" cat back coming at which I plan to dyno with the 3" and an intake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
clownhair said:
Using BFG G-Force ta drag radials.
Ahh.......sweet. I woulda gave my left nut for some drag radials this past summer, too broke though. I could probly find if I look but whats your best 60'ft with the stock rubber. You have a redline right so you had 17's instead of 18's. Wonder if that helped. my best 60' has been a 2.298 which is basically a 2.3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Darksun280 said:
Ahh.......sweet. I woulda gave my left nut for some drag radials this past summer, too broke though. I could probly find if I look but whats your best 60'ft with the stock rubber. You have a redline right so you had 17's instead of 18's. Wonder if that helped. my best 60' has been a 2.298 which is basically a 2.3.
That same day that I ran the 2.0 60 ft I made one pass real quick with the street tires because there was a storm coming in and I wanted to get a pass before they shut it down. I cut a 2.3 60 on it. I could probably do better but I'll just stick with the DR's.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top