Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it when everytime I go to accelerate that my car jerks until I come to a cruising speed? It only happens sporadiclly tho.

·
Registered
93 Posts
What is it when everytime I go to accelerate that my car jerks until I come to a cruising speed? It only happens sporadiclly tho.
I have had a lot of jerking with my car too. Mine was happening because the clutch engagement was at a point where it would slip and grab. Causing the engine to rock back and forth. The factory mounts on the car are very floppy. Turbotechracing.com Has a full line of poly urethane motor mounts and torque dampeners which would probably resolve this issue for you. I fixed the rocking on my car by just getting a feel for the car and clutch.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
is ur car tuned? If so it would be a good idea to get a new clutch, the stock one is only good for about 320 torque

·
Registered
93 Posts
I reproduce the jerking several times on my way home from work today. For me it seems to happen under a couple driving conditions. When i am at low engine speed and slowly pull the clutch in first at a dead d stop, and leave the clutch pedal at a mid pull. Or if i back off the thr***le at mid clutch egagement. Or on a decel in a low gear (1st or 2nd) and i baby the gas and or slightly gas and let off. If this sounds like your issue or you can reproduce it under the same condition as i can. Then i would say its engine.
A torque dampener or poly engine mounts should fix this. like i said in my other post. i stopped getting it after i a better feel for the car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No. Its nothing to do with no mounts or nothing like that. Its some sort of a sensor feel than mechanical. I just don't know what it is and why it does that. I'm gonna pull the codes tomorrow and post it back here for y'all to decipher to see if it could be one of them cuz the check engine light is on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No. Its nothing to do with no mounts or nothing like that. Its some sort of a sensor feel than mechanical. I just don't know what it is and why it does that. I'm gonna pull the codes tomorrow and post it back here for y'all to decipher to see if it could be one of them cuz the check engine light is on.
What kinda car?

·
Registered
28 Posts
my car does the same thing, going slow in 1st and putting it in 2nd it will randomly jerk like i forgot how to drive a clutch haha, i brought it to the dealer cuz i was freaking out and they said just shift out of 1st around 3k and it should be good cuz the supercharger is trying to boost all the time even driving like a granny. it seems to help i just got use to the clutch and it will do it every once in a while. i need a torque dampner!!!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
This could be a number of things. But I narrowed it down and I came up with the Traction Control kicking in when you are accelerating causing the jerk due to torque. I could be wrong but thats the only logical thing I came up with. And it could be the clutch if yer tunes like Skoal said

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe when I give y'all the codes then it may start making sense to you. So let me get the codes and I'll post back here with them and we'll go from there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Advance Auto should be able to run codes for free

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ohh....you have bad bad problem......I have no clue what it is.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ok here are the codes:
P0833
P0013 and P0014 were coming up twice so there you go.
The p0013 and p0014 are codes for the exhaust camshaft positiomn sensor.
Check the wires at the connectors. Pull on each wire at the connector and see if the insulation stretches. Copper wires can break and the insulation looks fine. And follow the wire to make sure theyre not rubbing and shorting out on something. I couldnt find a description of p0833. Did you get a description from the code reader? Gm released a bulletin for the p0014.
Here is the bulletin hope it helps.
Condition/Concern:
In rare instances a technician may comment that they find DTC's for cam phaser operation and/or have noticed a hesitation/stumble (typically on a PDI or with very low mileage). They may have followed eSI diagnostics and the dtc/condition has returned. They may have replaced the ECM with no change and/or they may find one or more of the dtc's listed below.

P0011-Intake Camshaft Position (CMP) System Performance

P0014-Exhaust Camshaft Position (CMP) System Performance

P0016-Crankshaft Position - Intake Camshaft Position Not Plausible

P0017-Crankshaft Position - Exhaust Camshaft Position Not Plausible

Recommendation/Instructions:
Note: Please document on the repair order the type of debris found (i.e. sand or aluminum). When debris is found change the oil and filter before returning to service, in some instances it may be necessary to change the oil and filter multiple times. The filter can be inspected afterwards to ensure no additional debris is present.

Engineering has determined that casting sand and or non-ferrous (aluminum) machining debris in the camshaft phasers/solenoid valves can cause a hesitation/stumble and or these dtc's to set intermittently. This concern typically will occur very early in the vehicle's life or at PDI. When the technician has followed the eSI diagnostic chart for these codes they may be led to ECM replacement; however additional diagnostics should be made before replacement of any parts. When the inspection of the CMP solenoids/actuators and wiring confirms correct electrical operation, check for debris. The recommendations listed below should help.

The technician should inspect each CMP solenoid valve and cam phaser actuator for debris. If debris is found on the solenoid valve screens inspect for torn screens then clean or replace as necessary.

When debris is found on the solenoid valve screens, thoroughly inspect the cam phaser actuators for debris and clean/replace as necessary. If the dtc continues to reset after thorough inspection and cleaning of the cam phaser actuators, replace the affected camshaft actuator(s) depending upon the dtc(s) that set.

Note: When debris is found change the oil and filter before returning to service, in some instances it may be necessary to change the oil/filter multiple times. The filter can be inspected afterwards to ensure no additional debris is present.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts