Cobalts SS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new here and ive seen some nice cobalts running around, what are u guys putting down stock?? are these cars underrated ?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yes, these and the RedLine Ions are underrated. GM has rated this at 205HP, with stock Cobalts and RL's putting down anywhere from 210ish-220WHP stock, with close to 200ftlb's at the wheels also. One factory freak put down 230 stock, somehow, although I'm not sure how. Search around, dyno sheets are up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
From what I have read, they are indeed putting down 210-220 horse and nearly 190 ft-lbs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Strapped my car down on my personal dyno and she pulled 215/193 not bad I was real happy for a car that was suppose to be 205 at the crank.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Blue04RedLine said:
Yes, these and the RedLine Ions are underrated. GM has rated this at 205HP, with stock Cobalts and RL's putting down anywhere from 210ish-220WHP stock, with close to 200ftlb's at the wheels also. One factory freak put down 230 stock, somehow, although I'm not sure how. Search around, dyno sheets are up.
That was my FF making 232 FWHP, i have cought a lot of greif and no one beleives it, i have posted the graph and someone pointed my 232 was a spike at the RL, even without this "spike" it is 227-228 It was a dyno jet dyno on a mid 80 degree day in GA.

Hey EVIL, have you forgot about me?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
i'm dynoing tomorrow bone stock, i'll get some numbers up as well. i'm gonna do three pulls not corrected so it can be a pretty accurate number

now the deal with the third gear/fourth gear pull argument, it doesn't really matter does it? i can't seem to figure out why it would make a difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts