Cobalts SS banner

What do you think of the looks of the SS/SC without a wing or spoiler?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to get rid of my wing (selling) and get a spoiler. Some people wanted pictures of my car without the wing. People assumed I had already removed it. This made me curious of what people might think of the cobalt wingless. So I crudely photoshoped some pics to remove the wing from the SS/SC.

What do you think of the looks of the SS/SC without a wing or spoiler? See poll

Attachments

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Yeah my Wife hates the spoiler period. I love the SS Spoiler on mine from the outside but it's actually starting to get to me a little from the inside. Is there anything out there aftermarket that is a direct replacement spoiler that is not a highback?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CobaltSSilver said:
Yeah my Wife hates the spoiler period. I love the SS Spoiler on mine from the outside but it's actually starting to get to me a little from the inside. Is there anything out there aftermarket that is a direct replacement spoiler that is not a highback?
RK Sport and another make found under exterior tab on COBALTADDICTION

http://www.cobalt-addiction.com/

I have been leaning towards the RKsport spoiler

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
ssnipes said:
I think it may look even better if the car was lowered.

Actually lowering it just may be what sets it off without the Spoiler....I say GO FOR IT! Unless lowering it is not in the plans. :)

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
detroit_tuner said:
It looks alright. I guess it depends on if your overy thirty or not.
Ya know I'm 27 and about 2-3 years ago I was all about the high back spoiler and now I don't think I'm in love with it as much. I still think it looks sweet from the outside, it's just that I have to work a little harder for vision out of the back so that gets old after a while.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
ssnipes said:
RK Sport and another make found under exterior tab on COBALTADDICTION

http://www.cobalt-addiction.com/

I have been leaning towards the RKsport spoiler
I like the RK the best out of all on there. I wonder how much work to get the old one off and the RK on. Basically I don't want to end up with something that I have to try and make look pretty. An autobody man I am not! :D

That's a pretty sweet website thanks for the link!

Has anyone else out there done a swapout of the SS/SC spoiler to the RK spoiler? If so did you have any issues or gotchas to the install?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Got rid of mine, big, garish, and cop attracting.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
385 Posts
There is a topic on my stereo install too haha. Search the How To: Forum. Its my pleasure to spread wing disposal and thanks for the compliments.

Tubes, I agree completely I can now see if a cop is sneaking up on me even though he is less likely.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I like it but then i dont if you drop the wing you must drop the car. If i were buying mine id prolly get rid of the wing then drop the car and put some diff wheels on the accented the car.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I want to lower and get diff wheels too. But as far as the stock spoiler, I have the lower one, I like it. The big one looks nice but I can see where it would be a pain. I also like the kits they have on cobalts addiction web site. RK is the one I like the best.

·
Registered
102 Posts
IMHO I LOVE the wing. People say it looks R.I.C.E. (race inspired cosmetic ...I forgot the last part...lol) but I think it looks really cool AND i own a 77 Trans Am and drive an 04 Malibu Maxx so its not like I don't know what I'm talkin about.. I'm 19 though, so again, it depends on your age.

·
Registered
69 Posts
yes i dropped mine before i took off the spoiler muuuuch better. As for pics its in my barn all dusty right now sooo i cant see it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts