·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LMAO great pic! I'm not talking about that stupid ass fuel door decal, I'm talking about the stripes package and the eyelids

·
Registered
261 Posts
The stripes look good if that's your thing, draws too much attention for my needs. I think some nice painted aftermarket headlights would look a lot better than stickers.

·
Registered
945 Posts
dazednconfused75 said:
The stripes look good if that's your thing, draws too much attention for my needs. I think some nice painted aftermarket headlights would look a lot better than stickers.

Agreed, i want to paint my housings black, but i have no clue how to do it without f-ing it up.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to paint the housings also but I'm not taking chances of f*cking it either. Painting would be no problem. It's just get the thing apart safely.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I like those stripes actually. They look dark enough to not stick out too much. I like the third brake light cover, and the SS overlays too on the second link. I hate you guys though, this is all they have for my car. :mad:

·
Registered
251 Posts
dervin3 said:
I would like to paint the housings also but I'm not taking chances of f*cking it either. Painting would be no problem. It's just get the thing apart safely.
That's assuming you can get the damn things out without losing parts or smashing them under the hood. They're in a really tight spot and getting them out in one piece seems to be half the battle. I've wanted to do it on my silver LS to match the tint of the headlight housing to that of my tint but I'm afraid of royally screwing them up and having to buy a new set from GM...no thx :p.

As for the original items, it's nice that companies are trying to push parts out for our Cobalts but I don't really think any of those are really my style. The eyelids might be alright if they were slightly larger but as they are they almost look a little too small but that's just my opinion :).

Permafried-

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Ha Ha... I'm not huge on graphics, but I will admit when I like them or not...

And, I don't like them! Ha Ha...

Honestly though, the eyelids don't even match the paint! The windsheild decal IS decent, I will admit that, but honestly, you don't know what kind of car you drive so you have to put it on your windshield? Seriously man, I'm just kidding. None of this was directed towards you specifically, just in general!

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
The stripes look okay but I think they should be a lil wider......
I do kinda like the Cobalt SS third brake light cover though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
All that stuff was weak. It's just vinyl. Vinyl belongs on your house, not your car. And those "simulated louvers"? Man are they pathetic. Why have a simulated anything on your car? Don't have the money for the real thing? Save until you do. Don't sell yourself short.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice stripes, I for one just don't "get" the eyelid thing... am I missing something? I mean if that's your thing, cool... I just don't follow. I guess they're in the same boat as stripes though, cosmetic... either like 'em or dont'

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
i do like the overlay decals for the SS badge on the sides and back of the car. they look awful in white, and i'd love to get a red overlay to make them blend in with the car more. now all they need is an overlay for the front chevy emblem cuz it's hideous in gold.

·
Registered
945 Posts
iso said:
i do like the overlay decals for the SS badge on the sides and back of the car. they look awful in white, and i'd love to get a red overlay to make them blend in with the car more. now all they need is an overlay for the front chevy emblem cuz it's hideous in gold.

Im with him ^

1 - 17 of 17 Posts