Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what some of you think. I see a lot of talk of ricer this and ricer that...and it's to be expected because this a forum for domestic cars. Other forums (imports or whatever else) are the same way. Nothing wrong with having a preference. I know some of you see me trolling around and I'm sure you want to get it off your chest. ;) So go ahead, be honest.
To me, there are imports, and there are "ricers." There are imports that I find very respectable. Then there are hondas with 4 inch fart cans on stock everything else, the occasional cavalier with underbody neon lights, and the Neon RT with a frickin' Boeing 747 wing glued to the trunk. If it makes you feel any better I had a cavy for 7 yrs. It was fun...maybe not "performance" fun, but I drove it into the ground. Wish I knew more about tuning back then. I think that's why I'm so interested in the Cobalt.
Here's a couple examples I took from elsewhere:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, yeah, I think you got that right. I have a geo metro with a turboXS sticker on the back and a doughnut front tire. I could probably stick it in there with some of those.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
ANYTHING can be riced out IMO I went to the 50th anniversary Corvette convention in Nashville and there was a C4 with a HUGE ASS WING and CHROME TRIM EVERYWHERE!!!!! And even stickers to boot!!! More stickers than paint is definitely a giveaway!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Any car with cliche modifiations.

I feel cars can have some rice but not be ricers. For instance, a Toyota Supra with 20gs in engine mods that is capable of a low 10 1/4 with an aluminum wing or aftermarket body kit is not a ricer. If anything, the kit/spoiler is a compliment to the car itself.

·
Registered
85 Posts
OK ricer hmm there are so many break downs nupainted body kits or multi-colored kits.

step and twist exhaust( if u wanna take it step on tail pipe and twist)

Alluminum wings is a given.

vinyl adds horsepower

I dont think ricer is a car or car style as much as it is a attitude. Anyone can act like a ricer at a given time the ricer fly-by is the dumbest thing tho. . . . For those who dont know ricer fly by cathc a light with a civic with a hoopty pipe and a sh*thead behind the wheel so u blow him off take it up to the speed limit and leave him behind all of a sudden he flys by u at excessive speeds and throwsthe flashers on as if he won something those who even dare throw the flashers are a ricer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the ricer fly-by is the dumbest thing tho
Lol, man, you couldn't be more correct. That cracks me up. I have seen this first hand a couple times. I just have to shrug and laugh. My geo can do a fly by as well, but it will take awhile to get to that point. :D

Are F1 cars rice? Tell that to Michael Schumaker.
I understand what you are getting at, but at the same time you don't see too many F1 cars cruising the strip on Friday trying to look cool. Not that cruisin' is what it's all about, but you get my drift. There's function, and there's fashion...... and any combo in between.

I dont think ricer is a car or car style as much as it is a attitude.
Can I get a hell yes! I third that notion.

·
Registered
517 Posts
WRicerX said:
I understand what you are getting at, but at the same time you don't see too many F1 cars cruising the strip on Friday trying to look cool. Not that cruisin' is what it's all about, but you get my drift. There's function, and there's fashion...... and any combo in between.
Wheelburns said
Alluminum wings is a given.
meaning cars with aluminum wings are rice. F1 cars rock aluminum wings.

Cars with aluminum wings = Rice
F1= car with aluminum wing
Therefore, F1 car = Rice

I highly disagree with this statement.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
No need to tell us twice, 87, we can read it the first time.
No need to tell us twice, 87, we can read it the first time.

LOL
Just kiddin.
LOL
Just kiddin.

Sorry I had too. ;)

Someone that has a purple car with a green donor hood, with cheap wheels, big wing, and cheap no name brand muffler.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1. Cars with VTEC stickers on them even though they are not Hondas.
2. Cars with stickers on them for part they do not have on the car. (relates to number 1).
3. People who think since they put on a 8 inch cofee can muffler, they can run 10s all day.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts