Cobalts SS banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I've decided I want to change out my exhaust since it is stock and well too quiet :(. I'm gonna do it custom most likely do it all my self since I know a guy with a pipe bender. So, I was going to do 2.5" piping from cat back. Now I want to go magnaflow since I like the sound of magnaflow.

So the question is what length of resonator should I use? Just so you know I want it loud (love it), but to get rid of rasp! I was looking at a 18 inch glasspack think that is long enough?

Oh just so you know I'm using the glasspack as a resonator not as my muffler. Muffler is going to be a magnaflow race series muffler most likely. Anyway if anyone knows any info let me know! :-D

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
What kinda car is it? S/C or T/C.

Also unless you want to sound like a little rice honda, i wouldnt get a glass pack, Thats what makes it sound raspy.....

If your going to be getting a custom exhasut, and you want it alittle loader i would get the shortest resonator you can find. I think magnaflow has an 15 inch, 3inch exhasut.

If you have a turbo you want to use 3 inch, 2.5 will give you back pessure, now if your have a S/C a 2.5 will be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts