Cobalts SS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, well to sound cheesy, I am a first time poster, long time lurker (Guest) and recently this weekend found myself test driving a nice Red RX-8 6m. The Dealer was wanting ~$27 for it, had the Bose, sunroof, Xenons, etc... and fell in love. The disadvantage is I am currently in a 2000 S4. I am starting to here the whine/tea pot whistle in the mornings, and with my warranty about to expire I am debating biting the bullet and staying, or jumping to my dream of owning a Rotary powered Wankel machine.

I was curious what you current Owners of the RX-8's jumped from. I have searched and also read the what you all like, and that is very helpful, but curious if anyone has made a similar transition.

TIA. and LOOOOVVVEEEEE the RX-8

·
Registered
130 Posts
we dont take kindly to your kind here... lol j/p most of us drive cobalts dude go check an rx-8 forum for more info man...

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm hoping my next car is an RX-8. Always love the rotary idea and I'm hearing they are working out some problems (mostly inefficiency) with the engine in the next model. A lot of gas goes in but not a lot gets burned and used. I'm interested to see what they do with it, but I'm guessing nothing too great with fuel efficient cars being such a huge thing right now.

Love the Cobalt though. Wouldn't give it up for anything right now. It does good for me.

·
1,087 Posts
RX-8= FAIL!

They are so weak in every aspect compared to its smaller brother the RX-7.... But they are still rotary and that immediately tells you there are many problems with it. IE: flooding of engine, rebuilds at 60k miles and bigger repair bills when maintenance comes around. Not to mention the rarity in parts and there aren't too many people certified that want to work on them. When you do find someone that will lay down at least a week of their life to do a rebuild on it then you better make sure that they know what they are doing because a rotary demands perfection to run right.

Cobalt SS/SC or T/C> RX-8 everyday, any day in life.

But to the question: This forum has Cobalt owners and the mentioning of the RX-8 will get nothing more than a giggle for wasting your time.

But welcome anyways!

·
Registered
401 Posts
My first car was a Ford Probe GT, I loved it until I burned up the clutch being retarded. I had a Ford Aspire about a year later and loved that one too. It wasn't anything great but was amazing on gas I wouldn't really say that Fords are bad in any means. If you've had a bad experience with one car from a certain brand you shouldn't let it ruin the name of the brand. It was probably just a bad car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts