Cobalts SS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When does anyone think that there is going to be some stuff coming out that you can buy for the SS???... I know there is a pulley.. I am going to order mine next summer since I live in Minnesota but where is the K&N filters and shit.....

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
K&N is comin soon, I asked Modern and they said since they are finally finished they will be on the market within a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
K&N is comin soon, I asked Modern and they said since they are finally finished they will be on the market within a few weeks.

from what i was told they have not been produced yet, and the company has not even retooled the machines yet. the group buy from vita has even been cancelled. i'm guessing that's what it was about. everyone jumped the gun because of a rumor someone started on the .net forums saying how close k&n was to be done and it was totally untrue.

the airbox mod is easy to do and costs a little time and $25 does pretty good for the butt dyno too

·
Registered
543 Posts
GM is supposed to be coming out with the stage kits soon aren't they? Someone just posted on this a few days ago.
Here is the news (From a very reliable source inside GMPP not your local dealership parts clown)
GMPP (GM Performace Parts) will have some upgrade kits for our cars really soon. I don't have much detail YET (but soon) but I know stage I is a pulley, injectors, and a computer program and a few other tricks. I know they will have two Stages and I should have more details by next week on everything I will keep everbody up to date. I am sure these parts will comply with warranty for all you warranty bitches and I am sure they are proven with good development and quality. He gave me HP numbers but I am going to wait and post the offical stuff soon as I see it on paper and I should have it in my hand next week.

Don't give up yet boy help is on the way.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
mm_omega2 said:
GM is supposed to be coming out with the stage kits soon aren't they? Someone just posted on this a few days ago.

yeah but if they are what is being said, they're nothing as extensive as the srt stage upgrades

·
Registered
543 Posts
from what i've heard so far they are almost just like the SRT upgrades
Stage1= injectors and computer
Stage2= pulley, computer, etc.
Stage3=???
then maybe next year, the injectors offered w/ stage1 will be on the newer models stock. GM is being safe and following Chrysler's lead to see where they can go with these cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts