Cobalts SS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to locate the ignition in the engine compartment for my o7 cobalt LS 2.2 ecotech. I have an aftermarket radio installed and I get terrible alternator whine/engine noise through my speakers. I have narrowed the problem down to my head units ignition power wire which is currently tapped into a fuse in the adjacent fuse block under the passenger side panal. Even with an in line noise filter the problem persists. I want to bypass whatever component I have that wire tapped into at the fuse block and run a wire directly off the ignition to my HU's ignition power wire.

Can someone find me a picture of give me a detailed discription of the ignition's location? I cant seem to find it after search around google for a while.

·
Registered
130 Posts
instead of running through your ignition wire run through your illumination that might work. thats what i did and i dont get any feedback or anything.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well theres your problem. you went with an after market system which I would consider bad mojo because the 07 models had RDS which was ran through the stock stero. You could possibly run into future problems there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts