Cobalts SS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing alot of research i am going to order a SS in the spring but i have a quesiton i read the post of the motors being able to hold a lot of HP but what i want to know is can anyone see these motors lasting 100,000 miles or more? I havent seen any information on this really. I am looking for a car that can be daily driven and last a long time beiong as when i buy this car i need it to last. Can anyone see this happening with the Cobalt motors?

·
Registered
91 Posts
CamarotoCobalt said:
I have been doing alot of research i am going to order a SS in the spring but i have a quesiton i read the post of the motors being able to hold a lot of HP but what i want to know is can anyone see these motors lasting 100,000 miles or more? I havent seen any information on this really. I am looking for a car that can be daily driven and last a long time beiong as when i buy this car i need it to last. Can anyone see this happening with the Cobalt motors?
Well I'm not sure if it would last 100k with major hp? But if you're talking about in stock form, then I don't see why it wouldn't? You might have to worry more about the SC going out then the motor itself? Just like how our turbo would probably go out before out motor would for our cars. I'm not sure if GM has anyone to do the test on their motor with performance parts like how Chrysler has Mopar. To my understanding, Mopar test all their upgrades, even stage 3 (with 365 whp) up to 100k miles on our engines before Chrysler would give the ok not to void our warranties should we decide to slap stage 3 on our cars. Not bad, with that much power, and still keep the factory warranty on the car. But to answer your question, I'm sure that the Cobalt motor would last over 100K easy.

·
Registered
509 Posts
CamarotoCobalt said:

Good question... but the car is still young, but Im pretty sure if you google it, you might fing what you are lookinh for!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts