Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys perfomance wise which one is better a t/c or s/c colbalt ss? I just test drove a colbalt ss t/c and a few years ago I test drove a cobalt ss s/c. I think personally the t/c is faster. Which one do you like the best for performance and value?

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
Hey guys perfomance wise which one is better a t/c or s/c colbalt ss? I just test drove a colbalt ss t/c and a few years ago I test drove a cobalt ss s/c. I think personally the t/c is faster. Which one do you like the best for performance and value?
well the s/c has more mods out right now because its older, there are a few mods out now for the t/c and more comming as we speak. if it was me i would get the t/c becasue its new, and it had more stock hp then the s/c, and on the t/c they fixed what was wrong with the older ss. hope that helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
you test drove the t/c a few years ago? where you live? :D just kidding.

the t/c is a better bang for your buck i would say. new for new the t/c is better. it is newer and better and updated. also in the end for me i personally think turbo > supercharged. That is if all you care about is making power and big numbers. my supercharged car last time i dynoed it was 307whp. however that is with nitrous. the t/c already has a nice setup and with just a nice tune and running an open down pipe or exhaust it will be over 300whp.

even off the start the t/c is already better than the s/c and running awesome times. the s/c people who wanted big power got rid of the s/c and went turbo. i think that is enough for you to make up your mind if all your worrying about is power. also you have to keep in mind that the t/c is newer so i would trust it over the old one.

hope that helped

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well hello Cbodnar! To the OP, right now the s/c has more options for parts and tuning. The t/c doesn't have as many options, but has already made over 300whp with just a tune.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
^^^ i believe theyre making 300tq not hp.

hp with a tune is around 270/280. no doubt stock vs stock the tc is better, but im still not sold. i believe the turbo is maxed out around 320 hp??? if youre looking for big power i would do a turbo build on a lsj. paul on css.net is making 400+ hp on stock internals.

·
Registered
37 Posts
^^LNF's DO MAKE 300+hp on just a re-tune.

Proof:

"It's finally here! After a year of waiting we have perfected our tune for the 2.0 LNF motor! Like always we have preformed months of Dyno runs backed by long term street testing!
Here are a few changes that are found in our Level 1 LNF ECM Tune:

Base HP: 260 / GMR Tuned HP: 310+

Base Torque: 260 / GMR Tuned Torque: 340+"

Plus Psykostevo over on .net has also retuned a few LNF's to over 300hp on just the re-tune. So it is possible. I am still unsure as to which will be better in the long run myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts