Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone explain Intense stage 3??? I was on another forum and they were talking about racing a stage 3 cobalt. I thought the GM stage 3 has not been released yet. So I assumed they were talking about the Intense kit. Any info would be cool.

·
Registered
784 Posts
actually the GM kit has been released, and all are about the same, except your warranty is not voided with the GM parts. The kit consist of some aftercooler parts, piggyback, and 76mm pulley.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Intense Stage 3 includes:

Intense modular pulley system which uses a 2.9" pulley,
Oversized tensioner pulley to prevent belt slippage or can use GM stage 2 belt,Autolite copper core plugs,Lucas 42.5lb/h fuel injectors,Casper LSJ injector wiring harness, and Intense Stage 3 PCM and tune.

I have stage 4 which is the same but uses 60lb injectors and a 2.7" pulley. I put down 261.5 hp and 243.4 tq. I highly recommend the Intense kits if you don't mind voiding your warrenty. Although the Intense kits can be reverted back to stock if warrenty work is needed.

GM Stage 3 includes:

76mm pulley, 2-pass intercooler end plate, and custom tune for smaller pulley, adjustable rev limiter, 100 octane mode, and set up for 50 shot of nitrous. It is also an " off-road " kit

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good info, the thread was in the mustang kill section. Question about a Stage 3 SS vs. a GTO! Chime in over there you guys know a hell of alot more on the subject than I do.:)

·
Registered
478 Posts
yum yum yum...i love me some stang in the afternoon and some GTO for din-din!

i'll say that the intense set up will most likley provide more power then the GM set up...and be cheaper.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
the only problem that i have w/ the intense stage kits is , they show the hp and tq ratings and their dyno graphs with performance exhaust
i need to see them w/ stock exhaust

·
Registered
784 Posts
the only problem that i have w/ the intense stage kits is , they show the hp and tq ratings and their dyno graphs with performance exhaust
i need to see them w/ stock exhaust
No offense john but its actually hurting you to not go to a diff exhaust with thos features, so that is why they are shown that way its telling you that the most you can get out of it with that stage. and the more air you squash into it the more that has to come out so if you are running stock exhaust and a stage 4 kit your restricted quite a few hp.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True that!!! Go to a 3 inch exhaust or at least weld in a dump so when your racing your can open it up and gain a few ponies

·
Registered
478 Posts
i love my 3in...kinda loud at times but great flow!...

3in with some real high flow magnaflow parts and no cat...love it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
im waiting for my TAG racecraft stage3 kit. should rock.
comes with a 2.79 pulley that fits gm stage 2 hub, and is marked same as 3" pulley. 60 lb injectors, harness, and a tune. i sent my ecm to toronto.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
No offense john but its actually hurting you to not go to a diff exhaust with thos features, so that is why they are shown that way its telling you that the most you can get out of it with that stage. and the more air you squash into it the more that has to come out so if you are running stock exhaust and a stage 4 kit your restricted quite a few hp.
im honing out my exhaust manifold just like the gmpp honed manifold right now
i bought it here and im saing a pretty penny this way
i plan on getting a hi flo cat ( need for emissions ) soon, but the catback should be good

·
Registered
25 Posts
No offense but I would go with GM kits. I have GM stage 2, GM exhaust, K & N intake, and I put down 270 WHP and 252WTQ

·
Registered
784 Posts
No offense but I would go with GM kits. I have GM stage 2, GM exhaust, K & N intake, and I put down 270 WHP and 252WTQ
why does your signature say different.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
^^^ he does have the same stuff on his sig that he says he has^^^

·
Registered
89 Posts
The stage 3 has been out since december. Pretty wicked with the 50 shot of nos. Putting out around 280 whp.

Too bad they can't honor the warranty and they have to use NOS to get those numbers...not to mention no AC sucks ass...oh and the 8K RPM redline you can adjust to with the stage 3 (which our springs can't handle...so it is pointless)...great design job on the stage 3 gm...great clucth you put in our cars too...they can almost handle the stock horsepower :lol: Bastards

·
Registered
89 Posts
Let me guess...adjusted horsepower or you ran in 30 below weather?

Since you dyno'd those numbers could you please post the dyno? I would love to have it as proof for guys (like myself). Just asking.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Let me guess...adjusted horsepower or you ran in 30 below weather?

Since you dyno'd those numbers could you please post the dyno? I would love to have it as proof for guys (like myself). Just asking.
yea i cant see those numbers either, stage 2 gets you to 245 crank, catback maybe 10hp and intake maybe 5-7 hp. thats not adding up to near 270.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts