Cobalts SS banner

Which will be faster, the Cobalt SS or the ION Red Line?

• Cobalt SS

Votes: 220 55.6%
  • ION Red Line

Votes: 85 21.5%
  • They will perform exactly the same.

Votes: 91 23.0%

• Total voters
201 - 220 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
So here you all are trying to compensate for your high ass egos because they are being bashed in because people are telling you all that the redline might be faster than a ss....

Just to make things on the clear side friend bought a ion redline all black and i have a sunburst orange ss/sc and we raced and it was dead even, seriously dead even no one got away from anyone or pulled on anyone it was even!!!!

So there it is, no more bitching and complaining, their both great cars i dont care if its a saturn or not, to whomever their car is, its their car no reason to bash it especially if its made by GM!!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I will put my 2 cents in my friend has a redline and i raced him in my wifes stock SS/SC and i got him by half a car 3 times u can call it driver error or whatever but the proofs in the puddin' 3-0 for the SS.

·
Registered
237 Posts
1namillion said:
So here you all are trying to compensate for your high ass egos because they are being bashed in because people are telling you all that the redline might be faster than a ss....

Just to make things on the clear side friend bought a ion redline all black and i have a sunburst orange ss/sc and we raced and it was dead even, seriously dead even no one got away from anyone or pulled on anyone it was even!!!!

So there it is, no more bitching and complaining, their both great cars i dont care if its a saturn or not, to whomever their car is, its their car no reason to bash it especially if its made by GM!!!!

I agree wit dat 100% its all GM the TA and Camaro were the same and i have owned both but loved them all much love for the Redline

·
Registered
102 Posts
okay against a g85'd balt from a dig its the RL, only by a bit <im comped package BTW. From ANY form of a roll, TIE!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
i could of swarn the cobalt was lighter but anyways everyone who seen a race between a cobat and redline the cobalt pulls in 3 and wins in 4th today i messed aroudn with a red redline looked very clean and nice it started to play alil bit but i punched it in 3rd on the high way and than he didnt mess with me??

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
And I repeat!

Holy dead thread batman! :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
i think it's a tech spec, they both got the same engine and tranny made by saab, look on the oil pan. it's a battle of drivers, weight and gettin it to hook up

·
Registered
482 Posts
So I was looking around for new posts right... and I noticed... somebody's been playing Jesus and raised this thread from the dead... I don't even want to see where I posted if I even did... But I do know that it was a long ass time ago...

·
Registered
272 Posts
This might start a small fire, but in my personal experiance at the local drag strip,an 04 Redline was running his car. I noticed his personal best was 15.1 and my personal best was a 14.7. Same track, same day. When I asked him about his launching techniques, he explained very similair techniques. My vote goes to my SS versus that Redline! ;)
Driver Race ^^^^^^ if ur just talking about the cars(same years b/c I think the 06s are faster than the 04s and 05s Wether its a Cobalt or an Ion) Its the same freaking car. if anything the IRL is what 30-80lbs lighter. So everyone saying that the Cobalt is faster or the Ion is faster its all ur guys preference in cars not the Facts. I donno how this Thread is still going on.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ion Red Line
Estimated Performance Specs
0-60 mph 6.60 seconds
1/4 mile 15.23 seconds at 93.29 mph
Lateral acceleration .89 g
Slalom 63 mph

Cobalt ss/sc
Estimated Performance Specs
0-60 mph 6.67 seconds