Cobalts SS banner

Which will be faster, the Cobalt SS or the ION Red Line?

• Cobalt SS

Votes: 220 55.6%
  • ION Red Line

Votes: 85 21.5%
  • They will perform exactly the same.

Votes: 91 23.0%

• Total voters
101 - 120 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
SSFanboy said:
No need to be a dickhead! I just believe that with LSD the SS is gonna be faster and it looks a lot better too

Some RLs have the LSD too and it will only really help while accelerating out of a turn as the car has equal length half-shafts. I can lay two equal tire marks when I drop it. I got it for 16k, good luck finding an SS for that. Looks are totally subjective, I personally like the sleeker and more understated look of the RL. I actually think neither car has a peformance advantage unless you believe the magazines. Neither is "soo much faster", it will be a driver's race. I'm not a dickhead, I just don't like ignorant fanbois and their lemming like blind devotion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
dazednconfused75 said:
Some RLs have the LSD too and it will only really help while accelerating out of a turn as the car has equal length half-shafts. I can lay two equal tire marks when I drop it. I got it for 16k, good luck finding an SS for that. Looks are totally subjective, I personally like the sleeker and more understated look of the RL. I actually think neither car has a peformance advantage unless you believe the magazines. Neither is "soo much faster", it will be a driver's race. I'm not a dickhead, I just don't like ignorant fanbois and their lemming like blind devotion.
Maybe toolbox would be a more accurate description!

·
Registered
259 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
My vote is to the best driver...

thats who always wins.. i really don't see why people benchrace.. what the car can do and what a driver can do is 2 different things.. 90% of the time... peole will never make their cars hit the #'s they are suppose to...

·
Registered
509 Posts
I believe in total performance it would be the SS...
I believe the Redline has a disadvantage in its center post because of the suicide doors.

Those are just my thoughts

·
Registered
261 Posts
YellowSXT said:
I believe the Redline has a disadvantage in its center post because of the suicide doors.

The lack of the rear doors may add stiffness to the SS that the RL lacks. I wouldn't give up my suicide doors though. It makes it easier to gut the interior.. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
YellowSXT said:

What center post?

·
Registered
261 Posts
This might start a small fire, but in my personal experiance at the local drag strip,an 04 Redline was running his car. I noticed his personal best was 15.1 and my personal best was a 14.7. Same track, same day. When I asked him about his launching techniques, he explained very similair techniques. My vote goes to my SS versus that Redline! ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
SS4ME said:
This might start a small fire, but in my personal experiance at the local drag strip,an 04 Redline was running his car. I noticed his personal best was 15.1 and my personal best was a 14.7. Same track, same day. When I asked him about his launching techniques, he explained very similair techniques. My vote goes to my SS versus that Redline! ;)
Just maybe you are a better driver or he had a bad day.With the same talent driver the times would be much closer I think you would even admit something is not right.I am not saying the redline is faster on a given day it might be faster the same for the ss but not that much of a difference.

·
Registered
24 Posts
this is a hard topic, you can take 2 of the exact same cars and they could run 2 totally different times. driver, atm, tempratre, engine temp. soooo many variables too many to list.......idrealistically they should be the same tho?

·
Registered
509 Posts
chazb said:
What center post?

When you open the doors, where your locking latch is place is your center post. It easier to notice on a four door if you do not know what it is. On a four dour, where the rear door swings on is the center post. This is the simplest way I can describe it. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
YellowSXT said:
When you open the doors, where your locking latch is place is your center post. It easier to notice on a four door if you do not know what it is. On a four dour, where the rear door swings on is the center post. This is the simplest way I can describe it. :D

The redline has suicide doors and there is no center post. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
So... pretty much, C&D determined it to be a drivers race. Both cars had the same 1/4 mile times. I still wouldn't mind finding an SS around me that would like to go have some fun.

·
Registered
49 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
My vote is to the best driver...
i'll take this one ;)

this thread is funny either way you look at it. aside from creature comforts, it's essentially the same car...

if ANY of you watched the tuner challenge (i've been saving them all on DVR), you'll see that the chevy team was dynoing within .5 hp of something like 192...

101 - 120 of 229 Posts