Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Old Town where I work they have weekly car shows. A couple weeks ago, I saw this guy pull in, and today was the first time I'd had my camera with me. So you tell me, what car did this start it's life as before this huge transformation.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm assuming that it's not a Vette, like the rear end suggests... I PRAY that it's not a Vette like the rear end suggests...

·
Registered
441 Posts
RX-7, second gen i think.
I dont like the corvette rear bumper with the ferrari body.

·
Registered
454 Posts
clownhair said:
MKIII supra
I think I agree, that second or 3rd pic really looks like one...

·
Registered
5,187 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
trust me on this: it's not a fiero, although it does have a front bumper similar to a kit for one offered by v8archie. it's not a mid-engine car because there is no engine visible behind the seats in the pic where you can see through the drivers window, plus no cv's in the lower rear pic. also, fiero kits normally retain the stock rear window (even when using a slant-back glass such as corvette) to prevent emissions problems in the cabin. car couldn't pass safety inspec if there was no barriers between driver and engine, and this one has as indicated by license plates in fl. plus tires are 335. too wide to put an engine in between.

I think......nissan 240sx, or subaru svx.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm saying MK3 supra. I used to have one and that front end+roofline is lookin damned close to my 89. The only thing that throws me off is the lack of flip up headlights, which could be fixed with a decent molding job. Other than that, I'd lean towards an old 240

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I tried not giving away it's stock body features (the only ones left being the hood, front winshield and roof) but I guess it didn't throw the ones that used to own or like the MK3 Supras. It is, well was, a 1987 Supra. I also tried not showing that badge because I figured people would pick up on that with the turbo inline 6. This guy has owned the car since 1994, and says he has over 25K into the body alone, and another 4-5 into the engine. The thing sounds beautiful, and was the first thing that made me look in it's derection.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, we always say how we wanna be different, and I don't think you can get much more different than that. I know he plans on having more work done, and possibly entering the show circuit somewhat with that car. Might not like the design of it, but definately can't knock the amount and quality of work that went into it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts