Cobalts SS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to sponsor the forum and get going, but im just curious who would be interested in HID's and lighting for there cobalts.

Moderators feel free to move if you have to. :cool:

·
Registered
392 Posts
equalvision-lighting said:
Moderators feel free to move if you have to. :cool:
Feel free to delete this thread if you have to.

Equalvision, unless you are talking about a full replacement headlamp with USDOT Projectors or a retro-fit kit with USDOT Projectors, take your bussiness elsewhere. Aftermarket HID kits are illegal. I don't mind bringing this up everytime somebody mentions HIDs. A Xenon HID capsule wasn't designed to be put in a Halogen lamp housing. Especially in our headlamp, the bulb would light up our entire reflector, (Low beam + High Beam). This would cause terrible glare for oncoming drivers. The only way to do this right is to have a bi-xenon projector and retrofit it into our headlamp or sell a complete replacement headlamp. If you are with a lighting company, you would know this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Are you talking REAL HID or those fake Xenon blue bulbs? Those bulbs are nothing like a real hi voltage HID system.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Harley said:
I second Mercury. Only a full replacement with a aimed/aimable projector would get my business.

and a third vote from me. that stuff is dangerous to other drivers on the road unless it's a complete kit, and not some ballasts and bulbs to fit in the oem headlights

1 - 5 of 5 Posts