Cobalts SS banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey was just wondering something why cant everine just get along i meen we all are on here for a reason right because we all love the Cobalt SS and we all are planing on get one so why cant any one just get along and stop all of the fighting. Well that is my two cents any way.

·
Registered
517 Posts
87camaroPA said:
True but i have noticed some people have been starting soom arguments here and there but i was just wondering. Why all of the fighting if we all of use are here for the same reason.
It's human nature? I dunno. I guess in a more perfect world we wouldn't have elitist assholes.

I blame it on "my car is better than your car", an arguement in which no true fan will back down from.

I say we be content with the tranquility we have now.

Besides, what do you know. You drive a Chevy...
j/k :D

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
speed05 said:
some people are just gay! All the Neon drivers on here are ummm... you know
ROFL...

a forum's purpose IS to gather entusiasts together, but come on.. just with 100+ ppl, theres bound to be stupid arguements.. most by noobs, but thats EVERY forum... well, i actually found one that RARELY has noobish arguements..

anyway, JDM is right.. its human nature.. when you buy a car, YOU think its the best for you.. right>? (why buy a car you're not gona be happy with?)

if someone says THEY dont like the car you currently own...... you get the point..

car-specific forums are the worst, really.. because everyone gets all hyped up chanting and screaming like they're worshiping the damn car or something...

another forum im frequent on has every make/model.. and more and more join everyday.. sure its not always peaceful, but not as bad as here sometimes...

wait 6 months from now, all the 3000+ posters will think they're god and the same 'o routine forum takes place

·
Registered
454 Posts
I try to take everything with a grain of salt, until ignorant, irrelevant blanket statements are made by someone, usually involving what I drive. Seeing as how I drive a Saturn and I'm a car junkie, that's alot of time spent defending my car. Even from people that know better. Like the good old, 'Dosen't matter how fast the Redline is, it's still just an ugly POS.', this coming from people about to by the Cobalt. Or, 'Chevy's suck, any import made makes more hp/L than a Camaro'. Or the good old kill stories, that everyone takes so literally that you would think someone is writing an online version of the bible here and that statement is just blashpemy.

Lets be honest, everyone here is a car person. Not everyone here drives the same car. It's a forum for Cobalt owners, which really don't even exist yet, and people that are into sport compacts, or in the market for one. If you put the people from this forum into a room, there would be a fist fight in 5 min if people actually said the same things. That's the next problem, total anonymity. You can make rude and ignorant statements with no backlash, other than some long winded responses... :cool:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ok, I'm done with this whole not arguing thing.

When the fuck did I ever say this:
'Chevy's suck, any import made makes more hp/L than a Camaro'
It was stated by someone that all Honda's are junk. I responded by letting everyone in on a little performance fact. Two weeks later you twist my fucking words around. Go back and look at that thread and show me where I said that.

I find your "ignorant... statements" quote rather ironic.

·
Registered
454 Posts
JDMCivic said:
Ok, I'm done with this whole not arguing thing.

When the fuck did I ever say this:

It was stated by someone that all Honda's are junk. I responded by letting everyone in on a little performance fact. Two weeks later you twist my fucking words around. Go back and look at that thread and show me where I said that.

I find your "ignorant... statements" quote rather ironic.
You're an idiot. I'm not even talking about you in specific, so it's gonna be pretty hard to find the post where you said that. If you go into any forum, you can find pages and pages of people saying 'Chevy's suck, imports make more hp/L.'

The statement was actually 'There's no Honda garbage under my hood', to which you promptly engaged into the hp/L of NA Honda vs. Domestic motors. To which several of us called up a Honda fanboy because, and this is important, the first thing an import fan does is claim hp/L numbers. Implying that many, not just you, import fans love to use this logic. You can take offense to it all you like, and if you just wanna yell back and forth thats cool too, I have a light work load this week.

Seeing as how this was a post about 'why we don't get along' you've just provided some great proof. Here you are still salty about me calling Hondas garbage. Don't flatter yourself, I could care less about what you say, or what your words are. I find it extremely interesting that you are so worked up by my previous statements.

I suppose I should now add this point, people on these forums are seemingly always on edge. WAY too quick to 'go off'. Just like he did right here, and when I said there was 'no Honda garbage under my hood', if you want to talk about how great Honda's are, go hang in a Honda forum, or understand that it's a forum that's not about Hondas, and that some people here will hate on them for no reason. Just like any other model of car.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hate all of the people who come in ths forum and start talking bad about the Cobalt SS that really gets me pissed and that is what i think starts alot because of the amount of people on this forum that love the SS alot and then you an a$$hole on here who mess things up by starting something.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
87camaroPA said:
I hate all of the people who come in ths forum and start talking bad about the Cobalt SS that really gets me pissed and that is what i think starts alot because of the amount of people on this forum that love the SS alot and then you an a$$hole on here who mess things up by starting something.
you just described every forum on the net... thats how internet life is my friend ;)

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KSE said:
you just described every forum on the net... thats how internet life is my friend ;)
I know and i try to not be an a$$hole but some times people just pi$$ me off.

CoBIZZLE
Exactly...DOH!!! I ws supposed to stay out of this conversation...j/k

LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
You just need to ignore those immature posts. It has alot to do with Cobalt owners (Hondas etc) being a younger crowd. I also particpated on the Mercedes Benz site for years and people try to help each other and overlook the differences.It can be a very helpful site if not abused. Have fun with it but respect one another (and yourself). Just my .02

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cerbomark said:
You just need to ignore those immature posts. It has alot to do with Cobalt owners (Hondas etc) being a younger crowd. I also particpated on the Mercedes Benz site for years and people try to help each other and overlook the differences.It can be a very helpful site if not abused. Have fun with it but respect one another (and yourself). Just my .02
Very deep man. :) But you are so so right.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts