Cobalts SS banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the AEM website it says not to use a bypass valve on a FI car. do you know why they would be saying that or what would happen if i did put one on?

·
Registered
895 Posts
haha scoobies use by-pass valves I believe. Us SRT4 guys have a recirculating by-pass valve. i have no idea why they would say such a thing.

·
Registered
509 Posts
What? Aren't most cars nowadays FI... Oh I forgot, im running around like a pantsy man with a 4 cylinder 2002 carb neon or a 2004 carb corrolla or 2004 carb Titan... Son of a b*tch

Tell me you are making this up...

*inhale* *exhale* *breath*
Ok Im calm now

·
Registered
895 Posts
iball said:
Dan, you got it in one.
You do realize bypass valve and BOV are essentually one in the same correct? Recirculating valve, bypass valve, surve valve, blow-off valve etc etc. Most market them as the exact same but there are small differences in design on some. Take our stock one for example vs a aftermakret BOV. They serve the same purpose, yet go about doing it diffferently.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think he means on the intake, like if you have a CAI located real low. When water hits it, the "bypass valve" opens. ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
YellowSXT said:
What? Aren't most cars nowadays FI... Oh I forgot, im running around like a pantsy man with a 4 cylinder 2002 carb neon or a 2004 carb corrolla or 2004 carb Titan... Son of a b*tch

Tell me you are making this up...

*inhale* *exhale* *breath*
Ok Im calm now

FI= Forced Induction.... Not Fuel Injected. ASS

·
Registered
47 Posts
orange juice said:
haha scoobies use by-pass valves I believe. Us SRT4 guys have a recirculating by-pass valve. i have no idea why they would say such a thing.
Dude, you stole my pic from my sig in SRT Forums.

·
Registered
509 Posts
SoCal Redline said:
FI= Forced Induction.... Not Fuel Injected. ASS
I didn't even think of that. Being that I work with NA cars, naturally I think Fuel Injected, not Force Induction! :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
Where does the CAI for the SS run? In the Redline it follows the stock route, they apparently gave the car a CAI stock! :eek:

On the Redline, you'd have to have the entire car underwater to get water into the intake....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts