Cobalts SS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my supercharger is suppose to be pushing 12 pounds of boost and ive only been able to get it to 7 or 8 is there anyway you can turn up the boost like on turbo chargers or no?

·
Registered
86 Posts
A lot of how much boost your car sees is based on where you live...what's sea level are you at?

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can increase the boost through a tune but as bruceg said there are a lot of factors as to how much boost you make.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Your elevation must be pretty high for only 7 or 8 lbs of boost. I was at 1500ft making about 10 or 11 when it was stock. May be a vacuum leak somewhere or your ECU needs to be reflashed

·
Registered
3 Posts
my supercharger is suppose to be pushing 12 pounds of boost and ive only been able to get it to 7 or 8 is there anyway you can turn up the boost like on turbo chargers or no?
Because of the different factors like lack of push. I think you should boost it up in a turbo chargers so that it will create additional energy. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't believe elevation should have an effect on boost psi. I live in Salt Lake 4500ft and I still run 12psi boost stock. The elevation will affect power output because of a lack of oxygen (ie oxygen being the thing that supports combustion) in the air. The supercharger will take in a volume and compress it regardless of what elevation it is run at. Things like temperature and humidity have so much more a drastic affect on air density that elevation alone would not be a factor. The key point here.....lack of power at high elevation due to oxygen content...not air density/boost ability. This is at least what I recall...4 years of schooling about things like this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
7-8 psi something is not right your by pass solinoid may be messed up search ************* for boost bypass mod

have you taken your sc off

next step isa leak down test does your car hit a constant 7-8 psi or does it flutter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts