Cobalts SS banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Going from a roll takes virtually almost all driver skill out of it, and pretty much negates the traction disadvantages of FWD, which is what about 99% of "street racers" run

·
Registered
772 Posts
Going from a roll takes virtually almost all driver skill out of it, and pretty much negates the traction disadvantages of FWD, which is what about 99% of "street racers" run
Real street racers always go from a dig! Haven't you seen the fast & the Furious or played Need for Speed?:D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
what are you implying?

that people lean out their windows at 80 mph, agree on a race, give some money to a random third car, slow to 40, punch it to 120...shut down, go back to car # 3, take the money then exit?

ionno how much i'd refer to random roll racing as real "street racing"

unless your trying to get technical with the term :D

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
IDK, maybe Wasey can give some intellectual (sp?) insight on this topic. Since we know he can out-launch a stealth bomber. lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
57 Posts
The few times I've caught myself "streetracing" is usually when someone will downshift as he's passing and decides to pace me or as I pass starts pacing me, oh and on ocassion when the car next to me rev's his engine at a stop light.

Once this happens my choice is to shake my head no or, give a whine of the supercharger if stopped, or downshift if rolling. Usually I'll say no because, well there are so many reasons, young driver, traffic, side road entrances, the area, the list goes on. Those few times I have, I can still count them on one hand, have been on the straight away that has no side entrances before work, and late night when I get hungry and go to the Whataburger a few miles down the interstate.

Hopefully I'll be able to head to the track for some real drag racing this year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
well if i race it is from a dead stop and then put it down but i have done someracing on the street from a roll start but i dont like it.....i believe the launch is the best part of a race...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts