Cobalts SS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am getting ready to get my windows tinted. I have Victory Red SS and I'm not sure how dark to get mine. I heard that here in good old Mizzery (thats Missouri for those of you who are a bit slow out there :-D) that the law is that it can't be any darker than 35%. I was curious about what you all think? Is 35% too light, or what? Also, anyone who has had their windows tinted, what was the cost for you? I have been quoted $160-$165 by two different window tinters. Not sure if this is high, or if its about right. Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have 20% all aroun and I am happy with that. Can't see in too well, but hopfully enough to please the cops.
I got it done for $170, but was told they were going to charge more from now on. The rear window was very difficult to do.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I would stray away from 5%. That percentage of tint makes it look like you are a drug dealer :eek: A healthy 10 or 15% will do you right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice Link Iball.... I appreciate it. 35% isn't too dark, but i guess I'll deal because its better than no tint at all and I don't need coppers hassling me or giving me tickets. Also, does anyone know if the little dots on the back windshield will affect the tint or not? I noticed on my girlfriends dads Focus, he just got the windows tinted and the tint seems to have some air pockets around the tiny bubbles on the back side windows. Will I have the same problem? Anyone else deal with that?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Good link iball... :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
If you have it done by a pro, no problem. I had it done over here in Germany and ZERO bubbles or any of that crap. Been over a year and no problems.

·
Registered
509 Posts
35% sucks... I went 20% & no-one messed with me... Yet anyways... :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
The bubbles should not be a problem for a pro. I need to go back and get the top of my rear window fixed. Some of the rear bubbles were done w/o a problem, but I think he was getting tired of messing with the rear window and didn't finish it off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
does any1 kno a good place to get a window re-tinted in central east MA// I had it done over in Maynard the side windows came out perfect but the rear looks like shit because it didnt stick at all at the top

·
Registered
695 Posts
i got mine for $160 i think.. thats for the 2 door which i am sure yours is to lol.. not sure what tint it is tho..i no i got the lightest one the place had. i think they look hot.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i had 35 on the sides and limo on the back. the sides looked like they were already tinted when i got the car so i cant see in the car lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts