Cobalts SS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading some forums about window tinting and I realize that a lot of SS/SC owners are having problems tinting the back window all the way to the top. I had my back and side windows tinted today and instead of tinting the back window at the top where the dots are, the guy just blacked it out so it looks like the outline that already exists around the back and side windows. He told me if he just tinted over the dots that it would look bad and eventually come off. This way it looks like the back window was factory tinted.

·
Registered
695 Posts
when i got my windows tinted they asked me if i wanted them to tint the dots or stop the tinting where the dots started... i said tint them.. lol (i didnt want it to look corny with a quarter of the window not tinted) i think they came out fine.. you cant even really tell there are dots there

·
Banned
65 Posts
BuckWild said:
You can also wet sand the dots so there not raised as much. then the tint should lay flat w/o any bubbles. It just takes time and patience.
That's a fact, a buddy of mine, taught me, the ins and outs of tinting. The heat gun is your friend & foe. PS don't use any window cleaner with ammonia, because it will eat your tint. Mild wet, cotton cloth, works the best. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.