Cobalts SS banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man the hell with cobalts I have had two ss/sc an 06 that was such a pile of shit i traded it in for an 07 now my whole pcm and ecu has to be replaced, good luck to everyone else but i have had it, . chevrolet can kiss my ass.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I feel ya

I don't regret getting the 2.0 but it does honestly feel like someone hurried to put it together. The people who have the 2.4 are in good shape, but I wouldn't trade my g85 for the sweetest looking 2.4 on the streets. I just like the racing seats, boost gauge, power, bla bla bla.... The rattle is what kills me in my car. It drives me nuts!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't regret getting the 2.0 but it does honestly feel like someone hurried to put it together. The people who have the 2.4 are in good shape, but I wouldn't trade my g85 for the sweetest looking 2.4 on the streets. I just like the racing seats, boost gauge, power, bla bla bla.... The rattle is what kills me in my car. It drives me nuts!
dude i feel you is yours an 06 because that what happened to me i was thinking while my pcm was out for them just to go ahead and reflash it to stage 1 specs and the injectors.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
ive had a few problems in my 05 but since warranty ran out no problems

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Only just cosmetic flaws in mine, no internal failures.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had mine for a week now, and over the Christmas weekend I put about 750 miles on it, and I bought it with only 40. I didn't have any problems til it snowed, those tires don't get around in snow for shit, finally had to spin my way home and get my AWD Talon, even though the clutch is almost gone in it. But since that snow day with the Cobalt, its got a funky squeal coming from somewhere, wouldn't have expected something like that out of it quite yet...

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I've had mine for a week now, and over the Christmas weekend I put about 750 miles on it, and I bought it with only 40. I didn't have any problems til it snowed, those tires don't get around in snow for shit, finally had to spin my way home and get my AWD Talon, even though the clutch is almost gone in it. But since that snow day with the Cobalt, its got a funky squeal coming from somewhere, wouldn't have expected something like that out of it quite yet...
Do like everyone else does, take it to the dealer. Also, did any snow or moisture get into the engine bay? If so, it may be causing the belt to slip, causing the noise. And yeah, the tires are shit. Ive had no snow in NC, but wet traction sucks ass, you have to drive in 4th to keep from hydroplaning.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do like everyone else does, take it to the dealer. Also, did any snow or moisture get into the engine bay? If so, it may be causing the belt to slip, causing the noise. And yeah, the tires are shit. Ive had no snow in NC, but wet traction sucks ass, you have to drive in 4th to keep from hydroplaning.
yeah those perellis can kiss my ass BFG's KDW 225/40 next time

·
Registered
303 Posts
Man the hell with cobalts I have had two ss/sc an 06 that was such a pile of shit i traded it in for an 07 now my whole pcm and ecu has to be replaced, good luck to everyone else but i have had it, . chevrolet can kiss my ass.
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes? What car do you have in mind as your next car?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Some rebuttals and information

The SS/SC program was done by a performance group that works on an accelerated schedule to keep cost down and make the car available at the start of production. The faster you get a car to market the more risks you have to take in the quality and dependability areas, but if you never take risks then you will never make money in this industry.

They are summer performance tires, what do you expect?? I drove a lot in the snow last december and was able to get around, but I realized what I was dealing with and took it very easy and made sure I was thinking a half mile in advance.

And yeah, the tires are shit. Ive had no snow in NC, but wet traction sucks ass, you have to drive in 4th to keep from hydroplaning.
I will agree the wet traction isn't very good, but it isn't shit either. My truck has cooper zeon 2xs tires and it isn't always as easy as I think to get the back end loose in wet conditions. But the pirellis for me have had great tread life. I am at 27k with lots of tread left and I don't go easy on the tires. That pbly means just as much to me as wet traction seeing as I'm not worried about racing it around a track in inclimate weather regularly.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes? What car do you have in mind as your next car?
well i drove a mazdaspeed3 but wasnt astounded enough to pay the difference they wanted so i kept my ride and decided to get a stg 1 and header

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
well i drove a mazdaspeed3 but wasnt astounded enough to pay the difference they wanted so i kept my ride and decided to get a stg 1 and header
Did they throw that in as an incentive to keep the car???

·
Registered
729 Posts
no real problems here

hell, im running 40k on my ss balt and shes running awesome. 1 cel problem back at 32k~ but it was just a fuel filter issue.
ive had a few problems in my 05 but since warranty ran out no problems
I to have had only two problems and as far as rattles and squeaks she is tight. except the drivers door handle. it will sometimes be noticable with a certain piece of a tune that has the right bass to cause it to rattle.

Problems to date covered by warranty. brake booster, drivers door latch. nothing else. Yeah I have thrown a few codes but that is just do to modifications usually po105 high MAF sensor, damm K&N is flowing to much air.

·
Registered
202 Posts
my 2.4

i have a 2.4 balt and the only thing wrong with it i blew out the passenger door speaker and the back subs. and i think the fuel injectors have a slight tick to them but all new cars do that aparently which is weird so when i take my car out from the garage cuz of this shitty ohio weather. then im having the dealer do all the nessessary work to it first oil change and tires rotate and stuff. im ordering the exhaust they have and header but if there header is more than 250 i aint gettin it. well thats it for now later guys.

·
Registered
317 Posts
thanks got a link or anything, how long have you jad them on, grip, etc
well ive actually yet to install some on my new cobalt but i had them on my camaro of 3 years (had them for a year and the tread looked new still). The grip was the best ive seen yet. honestly the mich ps2's were about the same (grip was better on the nittos but i think the ps2s were a bit quieter)... Im def going to get the nitto 555s again for my cobalt once i find some rims that i like (it took me a while to find rims for the maro because im extremly picky so the low selection because of offset makes it harder)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.