62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea I know whats the odds on that 5 races same result
#1 3rd gear pull 2 cars
#2 2nd gear pull 4 cars
#3 3rd gear pull 1 1/2
#4 3rd gear pull 2 cars
#5 2nd gear pull 4 cars

Said he had mopar stage 2 intake and blow off valve I have 2.7 and custom tune 20 lbs at full boost

·
Registered
169 Posts
whos won the races the balt or the srt

·
Registered
772 Posts
Ok so he was basically stock. There is no such thing as a stage 2 intake, And the BOV leaks more boost than it makes power. Us skittles call it a blue plate special because it's a cheap mode and it's actually a little blue metal plate..........that does nothing. 20 psi of boost is alot, what did it run when it was stock? When I was stock I ran about 12psi now with the stage 3 it's about 24 psi.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Ok so he was basically stock. There is no such thing as a stage 2 intake, And the BOV leaks more boost than it makes power. Us skittles call it a blue plate special because it's a cheap mode and it's actually a little blue metal plate..........that does nothing. 20 psi of boost is alot, what did it run when it was stock? When I was stock I ran about 12psi now with the stage 3 it's about 24 psi.

he didn say stage 2 intake, he just doesn't use punctuation. let me clarify, he meant:
"mopar stage 2, intake, and blow off valve " as the mods.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks iso I'm pretty bad about punctuation. And it was the balt on top didn't realize I left that out and I'm the one with the 20lbs of boost not the srt

·
Registered
772 Posts
Oh ok, holy crap I though I typed jibberish. Anyway if you beat a s2 skittle your balt is really moving. I ran s2 in my srt-4 for a while before going to the s3 and I could consistantly run between 13.4 and 13.6 with the stage 2 and a few other bolt ons.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
If all that you have is a pulley, cai, and custom tune, then that would mean a stage 2 balt with a 2.8 pulley should run a little quicker than that. The boost is obviously giving you bottom end torque better than stock (duh). And the tune must really be giving the lower end some good hp. Good news.

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
Yea I know whats the odds on that 5 races same result
#1 3rd gear pull 2 cars
#2 2nd gear pull 4 cars
#3 3rd gear pull 1 1/2
#4 3rd gear pull 2 cars
#5 2nd gear pull 4 cars

Said he had mopar stage 2 intake and blow off valve I have 2.7 and custom tune 20 lbs at full boost

And that custom tune and 20lbs boost burned a hole in cyclinder #4?

Tough break but now you can put some nice internals to withstand even greater boost levels!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually it was a valvetrain problem not a tuning issue, and yes when it comes back its going to be a lot nastier not quite corvette killer but definately nasty. Also contrary to belief a 2.7 with 42s is fine haven't gone static. also a stage 2 with a 2.8 would be a touch slower but none the less is nothing to laugh at. As for tunes and customer service in general I've had the best with where I am at at Tune Time bottom line

·
Registered
478 Posts
Actually it was a valvetrain problem not a tuning issue, and yes when it comes back its going to be a lot nastier not quite corvette killer but definately nasty. Also contrary to belief a 2.7 with 42s is fine haven't gone static. also a stage 2 with a 2.8 would be a touch slower but none the less is nothing to laugh at. As for tunes and customer service in general I've had the best with where I am at at Tune Time bottom line
WHOA!....slow down there killer.

nice runs and all...nice set up as well...i used to have the EXACT same one BUT!!!

well before i go proveing people wrong again i must ask a few questions....
first few a tune questions.
1)whats your PE set at?
2)whats your PE rate set at?
3)what do you have you high and low octane timeing maps at.
4)whats your cylinder air mass(g/cyl)

and the alst few..
5)whats your rev limiter
6)how many DIFFERANT times have you data loged the car?

dependent on your answers i will go into depth from here..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
K I'll Answer what I can
1st I'm in clemonton NJ maybe 10 mins from atco next spring of course I'll run you maybe we can go before then
2nd yea iso that was me theres a few others runnin tune time tune locally
3rd ok I can really only honestly answer 5 & 6 rev was at 6800 was at 7100 for maybe a week but no real gains didn't really see the need since I wasn't really making anymore power.

My car was datalogged at least 10 different times. as for the stage 2 and 2.8 are you saying that that would make more power than my setup with only a CAI?

·
Registered
478 Posts
ok....thats what i was exspecting.

heres what i have to say....i have data logs and PLENTY of people who have the same results to back me up IF you choose to think i'm full of shit or any thing like that.

first off....42lb injecters CAN NOT support a 2.7pully....if your loging the car and not geting a crazy IDC then your softwear is totaly lieing to you...every thing from auto tap to HP Tuners has supported my info..

you end up runing the injecter WAYYYY past its safe and reliable duty cycles..

remember on a car anything above 92%ish is BAD

you loose fuel control and you can/do go lean if you push past that IDC mark.

you need the 60lb injecters to support much below a 2.85 or so.

if i remember correctly at first HPT had the wrong formula for our car to messure IDC's properly....

in any case get the lateist release of what ever scaning softwear you use and rescan the car....

your IDC's are in the 110+ range...around the 118-122% mark to be totaly honnest....

i know it amy sound weird or wrong but i assure you that i am rite about this..

so get the car re-scaned and you schould find this to be true thro your own eyes.

HTH.

THIS ONE IS LONG THREAD BUT ITS GOT DATA UP THE ASS ON THIS SUBJECT.
http://www.*************/forums/showthread.php?t=31509

replace the "*"with cobalt ss .net(with out the spaces)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats weird bcuz using hp tuners my IDC never went above 80% what could be the reason for that?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thats weird bcuz using hp tuners my IDC never went above 80% what could be the reason for that?

i remember a thread from a while back that was dealing with one of the scaning programs and that at first it had the wrong formula for mesureing our IDC's.

yes i know it may sound weird...read that thred i posted cuz theres lots of info in it.

its been stated many times that a 2.7pully is just to small for the week 42.5lb/hr injecters.

you need the 65lb/hr(offten called 60's)injecters to have safe IDCs and a reliable AFR's

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks Scrappy,
06 Black I still think 60's are a bit of overkill but who knows I could very well be wrong

·
Registered
478 Posts
thanks Scrappy,
06 Black I still think 60's are a bit of overkill but who knows I could very well be wrong
like i said....people dont beleve me untill they see proof.

TRUST ME THO!...read that thread from cobaltss .net

search over there and you'll find tons of threads over this issue.

its worth takeing look cuz you could save your motor...runing an injecter upto and past its static mark(like you are) will kill it in time...then POP goes the LSJ.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts