Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of originally getting the Injen CAI, but I have since read that it causes unsolved rough idle issues which turns me off right away(which makes me think that it could be you need a thr***le body or fuel upgrade but I could be wrong)So I was looking at the ZZP Cobalt CAI 3 inch with the option of powder coating....does anyone have that installed on their Cobalt SS/SC? If so would you say it is the best for the application or is there better? Thank you in advance =D

·
Registered
46 Posts
3 in is to big unless youre going for a fully built motor with a TVS 1900.
A normal K&N intake doesn't even help, just sounds good. Stock is perfectly fine unless youre looking for the sound factor out of it.
I put the K&N on my redline just to hear her whine, because why not?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2007 Cobalt SS and it has a rough idle issue that I need help with. I bought the car in March of this year and it had the issue then (the young Navy girl didn't know what the cause was). I read somewhere on the forum about a CAI (I think that means Cool Air Intake). Maybe that's what the issue is with my car, I don't know. I just had a recall repair done on my fuel tank, fuel pump and a fuel pipe. The car will idle when I start it up now (it didn't before). Once I drive it, it will not idle on it's own (I have to keep up the rpm's or it will die out). When it shuts off, it takes 3 to 5 minutes of constant tries to start it up again (that has been a serious issue with other drivers behind you in traffic) :-(
I really need some help here, if anyone can shed some light on what's going on.

Thanks in advance,
Rodney

1 - 4 of 4 Posts