Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just seen it is on sale for 199.99, originally I was just going to get the Injen CAI but this seems to be cheaper with more power outputs. What confuses me is the option they have with the Shorter belt, oversized tensioner pulley and the adjustable tensioner....should I just get a shorter belt and what is the difference between all of it and the best to go with? Hopefully this sale goes for awhile so I can get my Injen CAI as well. Also I'm stumped where to go for a tune and whats the best tune with that little bit of upgrades? Thank you in advance =D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Most people opt for the shorter belt.

I recommend against the injen intake as it's smaller than the 3" available and the ZZP 3" intake is $200. The ZZP doesn't cause the idle issues the injen can either.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there no solution to the idle issue the Injen CAI causes? The Injen definitely produces more hp/tq for than the zzp shows and is only 30$ more. The Injen claims 17hp/16ft lbs tq and the ZZP Shows the dyno with actual whp with hp increase of about 9 idk if that is what injen claims get to the wheels(which I highly doubt)if it isn't how much would actually transfer to the wheels rough estimate

·
Registered
29 Posts
The pcm that comes with the kit is already tuned, also i have the injen cai on my stage 3 and i have the idle problem no answer on how to fix it yet

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn that sucks, how bad of an idle problem is it? Very eradtic or is it very minor and does it cause the car to stall?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear this Intake hits the 2007 SS' brake lines? I have the 07 does anyone know how much the brake lines have to be bent to clear this?

·
Banned
59 Posts
first off um personally if you got a grinder id say go with the larger ten pully because you pay extra for a belt and if you decide to go lower ur going to need one anyway and the larger pulley works for 2.6 im proof with the stock belt. I had slippage with a 2.7 pulley on the stage 2 belt

Second ship in your pcm so you dont have to do a crank case relearn. Which is about 100-300 depending on your chevy dealer.

3rd go 3 inch i already answered your question about it and just incase you didnt see your good to go.

Also idk why your not going with stage 3 its much better for your car. our AIT are lower with the larger fmhe. also a gain is about 20-25 more wheel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts