Cobalts SS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
zzp stage 3 kit with 2.6 pully

does anyone out there run a zzp stage 3 kit with a 2.6 pulley? i recently bought a 06 ss/sc with the stage 3, header, downpipe, catback and intake. i know the kid i bought it from did not have it tuned, it is the zzp tune but the car actualy seems to be rich (sooty exhaust) (dark plugs). am i safe you think? im a little worried. should i get a 2.7 and put that back on i would like to keep the 2.6

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well normally running rich kinda saves the motor. It's when you are running too lean that causes problems. I have got the zzp stage 3 with many more mods but I have the 2.8 pulley. I did have to have mine custom dyno tuuned to get everything right. ZZP can only give you a generic tune as they do not have your vehicle there in front of them to custom tune it. As far as running rich, you are probably ok but I would tune it. Check Trifecta Performance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also, I would look into bumping up to a 2.8 pulley as the stock m62 supercharger gets inefficient when over a certain psi.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input. ive been lookin for somewhere to tune the car but i live in northern mn and minneapolis is a long ways away. trifca is a realy long ways away. i got the 2.7 pully that used to be on the car so im going to try that. the 2.6 killed the supercharger i ordered a remaned one that will be here this week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The closest shop for cobalt SS specific tuning I know of around you is ZZP. But i think they are in Michigan. Trifecta can do it thru e mail. He will ship you a programmer and then help you adjust the programming via e mail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts